PDA

View Full Version : another build of my 400ex/CRF

Rootar
05-08-2007, 09:01 PM
welp picked up my frame today from getting fixed. im finishing up my motor problems so itll be back to normal and ripping agian soon, ill be sandblasting and painting it tomorrow then ill do the reassembly thursday with another host of parts and more little things adressed, but this time im taking my time getting all the right parts and not ghetto rigging anything, its gonna be solid and hopefully hold up the last half of the race season (we have 5 rounds left).

here are some pics of the frame, lol i think we got the intake problem fixed:D :macho what do you guys think of that.

ss440ex
05-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Thats heavy duty!!!
Looks like you may have to cut that upper shock mount bolt out the first time you go to remove it....

Rootar
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
im so happy, no more ghetto rigging tube at crazy angles over the frame rail just simple and SOLID no more carb coming off ever again, every thing lines up perfect.

Rootar
05-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ss440ex
Thats heavy duty!!!
Looks like you may have to cut that upper shock mount bolt out the first time you go to remove it....

nope we thought of that too, it comes out pefectly fine, there were lots of gussets added also ill have to wait till tomorrow where i can stand it up and show you the bottom side of it.

btw al it was nice meeting you at the TQRA race on sunday im sorry i wasnt too talkative, i wasnt very happy because of the wreck and someother things bothering me, excuse me if i came off rude or stiff im not usally like that. that was some good racing watching caleb, johnny, and the miller bros wasnt it??

what color should i paint it? red or black or maybe silver?

deepcj7
05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Genius Rooter

Rootar
05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
dont worry im moving the rear shock's rezzy some where new now.

ss440ex
05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
that was some good racing watching caleb, johnny, and the miller bros wasnt it??

Did you see Caleb master those woops!
I`am going to ride that good some day!!! LOL !:D
Nice talking w/ya too-great quad you have!!
Good luck at Tulsa!!

Rootar
05-09-2007, 10:30 PM
got got quite a bit done today and tonight so ill start from the begining

here is the bottom side of the frame (see the work and gusseting), i was washing it and preping it for paint.

Rootar
05-09-2007, 10:36 PM
got it painted,its some kind of hammer tone color im not really sure its all i had but i kinda like it.....

Rootar
05-09-2007, 10:41 PM
i finished up the bottom end and new water pump assembly on the motor, got it back installed, and its also got its feet back on now. :D

i still have to install the new vavle springs, shim the valves, and maybe something else up top, just depends.

Rootar
05-09-2007, 10:45 PM
this is the best intake setup youll ever see on a conversion hands down:macho ya cant beat a straight shot.

Rootar
05-09-2007, 11:00 PM
i wish i had white plastic to go with this frame color itd look pretty good i think.

i gotta go to the honda shop tomorrow to pick up a bunch of carb parts, some cables, couple rubber gromets, and some new aftermarket stuff, like a chain slide, roller, clamp, grips, etc...

2 fast for you
05-10-2007, 06:56 AM
nice

TWISTED DINLI
05-10-2007, 06:10 PM
lookin good.

Rootar
05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
dang honda shop didnt order my parts that i had ordered on tuesday, guess they "miss placed the ticket", now im stuck becuase i dont have a hotstart cable......ughhh its all i need and then i can go ride this thing so here it sits waiting on a cable that i should have stole off my other hybrid before i dropped it off to get the a-arms built doh :o

Rootar
05-10-2007, 09:27 PM
got my UPP racing chain slide and im impressed, should hold up 10x's better than what i had.

figair
05-10-2007, 10:07 PM
That look slike a sweet set up now,The kolor on the frame sis also trick.awesome job man!
Eddie

Rootar
05-10-2007, 10:30 PM
thanks im gonna see how she holds up this time around and if it does hold up alot better ill tear her down again the end of july and send the frame to pappy and have him shoot me a color close to this one and then ditch all the red and go for white plastic, and actually make it look good and match, im in a little hurry with this one, but im doing it right, i have a race in like 9 days and in that 9 days i have a photo shoot to do for a local paper (fmx and mx related not about the quad lol) also.....plus i graduate this next weekend:ermm: im jsut realizing ive got a busy week.

btw you can literally hoist the whole quad up by the carb now and it wont budge, every single thing on this quads goes together so easy i very happy with the way it has turned out since the first time i built it in novemeber, id go as far as to say its easyier than assembling a stock 400ex .

ss440ex
05-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow!!!
Your not taking any short cuts and doing everything right!!
Its going to be one sweeeet ride!!!

SHIFTx450
11-27-2010, 05:54 PM
What kind of radiator and radiator shrouds are you using?

SHIFTx450
11-27-2010, 05:55 PM
And what kind of water lines? How did you route them? Any problems hitting the header?

Glamis400ex
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Holy 2 year old thread batman...lol. Rootar doesn't have this anymore. He graduated to a REAL hybrid frame.

Rootar
11-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Actually i wish i had that frame back.... :( bike was AWESOME. I fell in love with that damn quadtech 250r seat it was all down hill from there for that bike.

It was an intense fabrications radiator, and with the dream pump cover i didnt have any trouble with the lines hitting the header, we used regular old radiator hose you can get at any autoparts store. The scoops are of course Quadtech scoops (for a 250r) and they didnt ever fit worth a crap.

SHIFTx450
01-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Did you use your hotstart? Mine is a knob, and it hits the framerail. Will it work if I convert it to a lever action?