PDA

View Full Version : pyramids or V force

garrettagr
05-08-2007, 06:58 PM
alright, I am building a trail bike and a guy on another forum said he would sell me a set of duncan racing pyramids for 75 bucks that are hardly used. Or should I get some V force reeds instead. Which is better. any help

LathersR
05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I think the duncan pyramid overall is a better cage.. the design is awesome. The vforce have always been a good favorite for 250r riders .. it's what Im running. But when I ran the pyramid cage it made a big difference and never had to replace any reeds. Either or.. I would go duncan though

garrettagr
05-08-2007, 09:50 PM
all i need to know thanks

fiveOnick
05-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Pyramids are the worst aftermarket cage for sale. I have never seen site like this one where people are so sharp on suspension and so blind on BS engine products. Here you go an independant dyno test, yes it is on a banshee motor but that doesnt matter its the same cage design. It will tell you what you need to know. And NO this is not from VF, I know who did the test. Why is it nearly every performance tuner on the market uses VF and the only one who uses Pyramids are duncan? HHhmmm I wonder. There are several good products on the market but please do not go throw your money away to a a##hole like Loren Duncan.

http://www.planetsand.com/memberphotos/216493-reeds.jpg

LathersR
05-09-2007, 08:44 PM
The airflow on the duncan pyramid is better than the v-force.. I have done several rides on each when I owned them. The duncan overall performs better but like I said the 250r favorite is V-force.

fiveOnick
05-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Ok argue with a very obvious dyno results. You probably had the jetting off. Often with carberation more "airflow" as you say, or velocity allows for leaner jetting. While with FI it requires richer jetting. Take a guess which cage required the largest jetting in those tests with FI, not pyramids. Honestly how much proof could anyone need.

LathersR
05-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Just look at the design.. It tells you right there.. Im not arguing.. I already said v-force is the way to go.. its the 250r favorite.. just saying I had good results with the duncan!

312R1
05-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I have had great success with the Pyramid;)

LathersR
05-09-2007, 09:10 PM
THANK You lol!

fiveOnick
05-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by 312R1
I have had great success with the Pyramid;)

Yeah and people still run FMF pipes cause they dont know any better. That doesn't make them the best on the market. Im done trying to prove pyramids suck, if people want to buy them go ahead waist your money.

number5
05-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I did a personal test with a v force, cr cage with carbon reeds and spacer plate, stock cage fiber reeds and pyramid. The pyramid with my setup was equal to stock. I now run v force 3.