PDA

View Full Version : First win - UMP Modifieds

vpofthedrc
05-08-2007, 06:37 PM
http://bobpierceracecars.com/content_pages/mod/drivers/Dan_Dehner.html

:)

54warrior
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
I've seen that car before!!! I know I did a 3D render for ya awhile back, but must have erased it.

tat900
05-09-2007, 08:47 AM
dang ump is no joke you must have a hoss of a motor to run with those guys . I heard quick changes rear ends are allowed is this true ? I hear ump hossiers will hook up better but wear out quick.
congrats on the win is this your first car

vpofthedrc
05-09-2007, 06:28 PM
It is our first modified ride, we have been running super stocks for awhile now. We have a 430 built by Cropper Racing Engines under the hood. It is our first year mod racing, only had the car out two previous times, and stunk it up. lol

The Hoosiers in UMP work well if you sipe them alot, but do wear out quick.

firefighterjosh
05-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Congrats!!!!:)

tat900
05-10-2007, 11:57 AM
You guys runnign quick change ? In the long run ten times cheaper than 9" I would rather buy one for 1500 and spend 60 on gears than 800$ a chunk for my 9" . I know they take alot of horspower to get em to turn though

vpofthedrc
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Our local track allows quick change, but we are running 9". I would much rather have a quick change as well, instead of lugging around 8 big heavy gears all the time.

Bob Pierce cars are the way to go. They are really idiot proof.

tat900
05-11-2007, 09:04 AM
down here being the home of grt and larry shaw most cars around here are those. Try to stay away from dirt works there fast new but wear out after couple seasons. Im loyal to grt they take care of me and great customer service plus the head guy under the owner is good friends with my dad and raced togther so i get special treatment. Is your car metric or chevelle stubbed .
Most guys around here hate metric cars personally I like them if you know how to set up a car then they work good. Do you have alot of weight hanging on your car ? I guess im old school I hate hanging weith on cars unless its light. I think im getting out of mods and goin to buy a 305 sprint they run wingless here and memphis and I hope I got the huevos to run it wingless . If we could get a weekly track to pick up usac midgets I would have one tommrow

tat900
05-11-2007, 09:07 AM
In sept I am goin to this school to learn some pointers . I talkedto a couple veteran racers and they said they were runnign top ten before and after wards started running top 5 weekly and these guys are good . They said this school teaches you better setups and pointers on entry and for 1000$ and you use there car cant beat that

http://www.thedrivingschool.us/

vpofthedrc
05-11-2007, 09:30 AM
We've got 1 chunk of lead weighing 30#s right infront of the fuel cell, since out driver only weighs 150 lbs.

vpofthedrc
05-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Forgot you other question. We are running a metric clip, with the tubular lower control arms. They do take a little more work to get the bump steer and ackerman right, but I think they are lighter and easier to find replacement parts.

tat900
05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Ive only run factory lower control arms and tublar tops but were imca here and be honest with you not sure if those tublar lowers are legal here . I had trouble with bumpsteer with the pinot spindles and took em off and went back to monte carlos they are easy to bend dont waste your time on spindle savers they dont really work worth a crap just go to junk yard and buy every spindle and lowers you can lol . Last year i bought 15 sets