PDA

View Full Version : 525 tank recall

SKOT
05-08-2007, 04:37 PM
fuel tank recall on 525.mines not leaking yet ,some say leaks at seam outhers leak at pit cock. new tanks not relased yet..dont care still in love with it.raw tourqe.and the ground clearnce.

walleyefarm1
05-08-2007, 07:38 PM
The 2 brass colored inserts that are threaded that the petcok pull out and the gas just runs out onto the exaust. I think my outlaw is a lemon. I told them about it too, they don't care. 2 weeks after i got it a front wheel bearing goes out tearing up everything even the calipers. Then the next sunday at the race the other wheel bearing goes out and tears up everything on the other side. Still wait for calipers since before easter. Then last week racing battery goes dead , once i get it running it won't even keep the fan running and overheated, but no one can find anything wrong. Then this week at the race my fuel tank starts leaking on the exuast, and I am pist. sorry but one thing after another gets to you. Called and complained and complained , they gave me another year warranty , woopty. Think i am trading it off on a Honda 450r. Love the engine power and independent suspension, but all the minor parts suck. Curt

somewon
05-09-2007, 07:42 AM
mabey that's why mine runs through so much gas :)

OutlawBill
05-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Mine leak in the dealer during a repair job, and they ordered a new tank then the recall was announced and they are not sure the one they got will work for the recall.

NC_700R
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
DAMN, and people wonder why polaris has such a bad reputation. at least there is a recall to fix the problem. :cool:

GE4x4
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by walleyefarm1
The 2 brass colored inserts that are threaded that the petcok pull out and the gas just runs out onto the exaust. I think my outlaw is a lemon. I told them about it too, they don't care. 2 weeks after i got it a front wheel bearing goes out tearing up everything even the calipers. Then the next sunday at the race the other wheel bearing goes out and tears up everything on the other side. Still wait for calipers since before easter. Then last week racing battery goes dead , once i get it running it won't even keep the fan running and overheated, but no one can find anything wrong. Then this week at the race my fuel tank starts leaking on the exuast, and I am pist. sorry but one thing after another gets to you. Called and complained and complained , they gave me another year warranty , woopty. Think i am trading it off on a Honda 450r. Love the engine power and independent suspension, but all the minor parts suck. Curt

I'm suprised on the wheel bearings, there the same ones used on all Pred and Outlaw and have not heard of any issues. Sounds like you got a bad batch for both to be shot, or they were not tighten enough. As far as the battery goes, if it's a dead battery, not much will work. Sounds like you need a new one. But it sounds like your dealer is taken care of you. But jumping to a 450R might not solve your issue's either. Look at trx forum and you will see crank bearing failures and starting problems. I would rather have your issues then a crank bearing fail.

450rJam
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
crank bearings where only problems on 04 and early 05
starters go out because of user error.

all makes have their quirks.

walleyefarm1 come on over to the dark side there is plenty of room on the band wagon.

GE4x4
05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Well if you go to trx450.org, there are about 6 pages of documented crank failures, and ther are 06's on the list.

NC_700R
05-10-2007, 06:08 AM
a friend of mines had his crank go out last month on his '04 450r. as a matter of fact, all my friends with 450's have had a blown engine within the last year. i'm talking yamaha and honda so I guess all brands have flaws. :cool:

450rJam
05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
check again ge4x4
there is one 06 with rod (not crank) bearing failure
and one 06 with a rod knocking (shop said ran without oil)

out of 5 pages there are no confirmed cases of 06 crank bearing failure on the org.

there are alot of 04/05's (the 06/07 is a totally diff motor)

OutlawBill
05-10-2007, 06:08 PM
back too the subject IMS has shipped the first set of 525 gas tank too the PRO Racer 4.9 Gal. It should be available to the public in about 3/4 weeks

GE4x4
05-11-2007, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
check again ge4x4
there is one 06 with rod (not crank) bearing failure
and one 06 with a rod knocking (shop said ran without oil)

out of 5 pages there are no confirmed cases of 06 crank bearing failure on the org.

there are alot of 04/05's (the 06/07 is a totally diff motor)

Crank bearing or rod bearing, still grenades your engine.Rod bearings (http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=27570&hl=crank)