PDA

View Full Version : Need new wheels

free_rider20
10-14-2002, 05:54 PM
I just got my new 400 last week and I already bent a rim. I bent the left front rim pretty bad, unfixable. I am gonna have to get a new one. I dont know whether to pay the 110 for the stock wheel or pay around 170 for the package deal in RM for doouglas 190s and save the good stock rim for spare. What should I do?

free_rider20
10-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Also, what front tires should i go with? I do a lot of gravel, pavement, trails, and open fields. I need something that wont wear out fast on pavement. Should I go with stock sizes or change?

DarkStarRacing
10-14-2002, 06:08 PM
whoa how did you bend a 400ex stock front rim those things are solid..well if i were you i would check the classified forum and buy a used one they are great front rims and you'll save money buying used

beerock
10-14-2002, 06:14 PM
hey if oyu need rims/tires email me

honda400exrider
10-14-2002, 06:20 PM
umm the razrs are good all around tires, but in some situations they hook up to much, and im not sure how they wear on pavement cause im not as stupid as most of the kids around me, doing wheelies on roads and such....

i only do doughnuts in ppls yards... hahaha im jk.

o yeah, the douglas rims are good, i have had 6 sets of them, they hold up fairly well, but take alot of maintainance to still look new, (polishing) but some dirtbike hit the side of me going like 3rd pinned (i swirved, and it was me rear) and it put a minor dent about .5" long and maybe .1" deep nothing major at all, i had problems finding it.. hahah, but they are alot heavier than stock, and that might affect your abbility to wheely.. but just my two pennies. lata

free_rider20
10-14-2002, 06:59 PM
I just dropped you an e-mail beerock.
also, honda400exrider, I only ride on pavement goin over to my buddies house which is about 2 miles away and I usually dont do wheelies on pavement.