PDA

View Full Version : any recalls on the new kfx450

honda450rider33
05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
i am looking to buy a kfx 450 and i wanted to know your problems and if there is any recalls, i am also debating on the suzuki i am going to do primarily trail riding, and some light jumping no real motorcross

soilworker
05-09-2007, 12:12 AM
The only problem I've heard has been a few isolated cases of bad steering stem bushings. Seen two of them already like that. Haven't heard much about that online though. Kawi is taking care of those cases though.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-15-2007, 08:49 PM
gas tank leaking

Yee-Haw_400EX
06-16-2007, 10:36 PM
The gas tank is recalled.........I was hoping mine wasn't going to do it but as I went to get it out of the garage today there was gas everywhere. Takes a month to get a new tank ordered through the shop.

450raider
06-17-2007, 07:55 AM
well mine hasnt leaked yet (and i do check rather often) but i got the recall leter in the mail anyways like tuesday but i called the dealer and they said that theyll order a new tank and it might be in next thurs. and to just bring the kfx in and theyll fix it. thats is cool i thought it would take like twoweeks or somethin.

T2RACING
06-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Yea same thing here.. Mine went into the shop today for the new tank.. But they told me they should have it back to me by mid of next week.. I hope this is the only bug we have to worry about.:mad:

feature05
06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Mine hasn't leaked either since day one when I bought it in March, but I'm not gonna risk it. Yeah same thing for me, I was the only one so far to turn mine in, in this city. The guys at the dealership had told me that they had just got the notice that the KFX450R was on recall, so they had to order the parts because Kawi hasn't sent them any yet. The guy also told me that they also were going to replace the the o-ring and fuel pump too along with the tank, but I think he's wrong. I thought the recall was just for the tank. Anywho, they said it won't be ready until sometime next week. Thats sucks because I want to ride.

T2RACING
06-22-2007, 06:23 AM
They also told me something about the O-Ring also,,,, Who knows.. as long as they fix it...