Has a license plate on her car that reads

MPEACHW

This made national news.

Just an FYI

05-08-2007, 04:31 PM
hahaha

big_saxy
05-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, and they're taking it away from her too. What happened to our first amendment right to free speech in this country? Is this plate lude or offensive? Probably only to Bush supporters, but it seems there are less and less of those. Last I heard she was fighting the state to keep the plate, but I'm sure the state gov't will win since this is such a conservative state.

F-16Guy
05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Don't forget to impeach Hillary, Kerry, and all of the other people who voted in favor of a regime change. When things get dicey, you find out who your friends are. Politicians will say or do anything for a vote, regardless of political party.

derekhonda
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by big_saxy
Yeah, and they're taking it away from her too. What happened to our first amendment right to free speech in this country? Is this plate lude or offensive? Probably only to Bush supporters, but it seems there are less and less of those. Last I heard she was fighting the state to keep the plate, but I'm sure the state gov't will win since this is such a conservative state.

It could be construed as a nuisance, maybe even trigger road rage. Im sure on the same token, "ProLife" or "ProChce" wouldn't be allowed, for similar reasons.

First amendment doesn't cover everything, and if you like your quad and want to keep having places to ride it maybe you should be happy your state is so conservative.

Outlaw 50
05-09-2007, 04:24 AM
Rather a simple minded way to spend ones time..............hating the president of our country.

People need to get a life!

chris46250r
05-09-2007, 05:56 AM
The stupid ****** probally didnt even vote. If thats the case they should let her keep the plate and take her car!

05-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Don't forget to impeach Hillary, Kerry, and all of the other people who voted in favor of a regime change. When things get dicey, you find out who your friends are. Politicians will say or do anything for a vote, regardless of political party.

..."a government for the people, of the people"....if we want a change, because we're not happy with the way things are going....then the politicians should change. it's our country, not theirs... ;)

m.h.s.c.#527
05-09-2007, 10:13 AM
i would like to know impeach him for what lol u at least need a reason besides hes not a democrat

sandmanblue
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Apparently, the state "missed" the meaning of the plate when it was issued.

I don't have any issue with free speech.

Funny thing is, by putting that plate on her car, she has done far more to damage herself than to Bush....

Joke's on her...

Ron White said it best - "You can't fix stupid"....

05-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
i would like to know impeach him for what lol u at least need a reason besides hes not a democrat

i don't know....how about illegal wire taps.... or attacking a defenseless country under the guise of nuclear weapons...or taxing the he!! out of the middle class while he allows fellow super-rich to escape paying their fair share....how about how he does nothing while haliburton keeps getting caught STEALING from the american people.....or the way he allows big oil/gas to rape the enviroment un-checked, as he and his cronies cripple the people who try to protect the enviroment...do you need more?..... if you think people have a problem with him because he's not a democrat i feel sorry for your lack of ability to comprehend just how inept he really is...:ermm:

05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
...also can you impeach for appointing a totally incompetent person as your defense secretary....or a college buddy to the head of fema....:rolleyes: .....oh ya all this while osama is still un-accounted for....:eek:...and in the mean time while we look for nukes in iraq where there are/were none, we just let n.korea and iran build some and snub their noses at us at the same time.....

Outlaw 50
05-10-2007, 04:44 AM
WOW....................watch out for the black helicopters dude!

I feel like I just got a lecture from George Soros and moveon.org.

dlerch, would that be the same Haliburton that William Jefferson Clinton gave contracts to for Kosovo?

Would that be the same North Korea that tricked Madeline Albright and built nuclear bombs with the technology they got from China?

You remember don't you..........the Clinton administration selling missle technology to the COMMUNIST Chinese in exchange for campaign funds?

05-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Outlaw 50
WOW....................watch out for the black helicopters dude!

I feel like I just got a lecture from George Soros and moveon.org.

dlerch, would that be the same Haliburton that William Jefferson Clinton gave contracts to for Kosovo?

Would that be the same North Korea that tricked Madeline Albright and built nuclear bombs with the technology they got from China?

You remember don't you..........the Clinton administration selling missle technology to the COMMUNIST Chinese in exchange for campaign funds?

1)i have no idea who george soros is....

2)yeah same haliburton, and they didn't pull that crap then, hmmm maybe because one of their stockholders wasn't the vice president. knowing because of that, they can get away with larceny...oh ya they are!!

3)regardless of who they fooled eons ago, they built nukes while GW was president!! and they openly admit that they are, and that there is nothing we can do about it!!

4)...as far as the clinton/missile thing....i suggest you read the whole story....not just the parts rush limbaugh highlights in his radio show(while he's under the influence of narcotics)...

and besides...how does bill clinton even come up? he hasn't been president for almost EIGHT years....:confused: ....bill clinton is not the one who sent our troops to iraq!! bill clinton did not violate our constitution!!....etc etc etc...

sandmanblue
05-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by dlerch
i don't know....how about illegal wire taps.... or attacking a defenseless country under the guise of nuclear weapons...or taxing the he!! out of the middle class while he allows fellow super-rich to escape paying their fair share....how about how he does nothing while haliburton keeps getting caught STEALING from the american people.....or the way he allows big oil/gas to rape the enviroment un-checked, as he and his cronies cripple the people who try to protect the enviroment...do you need more?..... if you think people have a problem with him because he's not a democrat i feel sorry for your lack of ability to comprehend just how inept he really is...:ermm:

The wire tapping was completely within the power of the President to authorize, otherwise there would have been a trial and people would be in jail.

Iraq was a defenseless country? Tell that to Kuwait, then tell that to Israel... When you are done, tell that to Iran, Saudi Arabia and all the other oil nations on which the world's energy supply resides that Saddam was threatening. :rolleyes:

Taxing the middle class? What constitutes the "middle class"? Are those the people above $28k/year that received tax cuts? Or the people below $28k/yr that don't pay any taxes??? And BTW - I thought tax cuts couldn't raise revenues... Wrong again mr democrat.

And I suppose that the super rich (top 1% income earners) that pay 33% of all income tax revenue is not their fair share... Or the top 10% that pay 67%, or the top 50% that pay 98%....

Cheney owned stock in Haliburton during Clinton's tenure...

Lastly, news report out this week. 35% of democrats and 15% of republicans believe that Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks BEFORE they happened, and he just sat there and let 3000 people die for whatever reason... That pretty much sums up how many STUPID people there are in the US. BTW - isn't it funny that there are about 3 times MORE stupid ppl in the democrat party????? These are the same morons calling for an impeachment.... Funny how it is all tied together. You just can't fix Stupid!!!

I would advocate beating these people senseless, but they are already there....

sandmanblue
05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Funny how dems think. I pulled this from another post and lerch pretty much followed it to a "T"...

"Let me guess. Bush planted bombs in the WTC... Cheney runs Haliburton and that's why they are being used in Iraq.... The Iraq war was about Bush's desire for world domination of oil supply... The rich make way too much money and need to pay more than 50% of what they make as taxes... Bush called mother nature are had her create Hurricane Katrina so that the black people would move away from New Orleans... Global warming is caused by only humans and the only people that can save us all is Gore, Clinton, Jane Fonda and Baaabara Streisand.... And of course, Bush himself fabricated all the evidence that out intelligence services had about WMD's in Iraq and that Saddam Hussein was actually our best friend and would never harbor Al Quifa or pose a threat to the worlds oil supply"

It's like these ppl read from the same playbook and haven't updated the plays in 6 years..... :rolleyes:

Pappy
05-10-2007, 05:22 PM
how does one know what rush limbuagh preaches and then in the next sentence doesnt know who george soros is? soros is rushs number one punching bag...even this lowly uneducated redneck who hears about 20 minutes of rush a week knows this...lol

who gives a **** about a car tag, she probably puts her make up on in the hammer lane as well...lmao

05-10-2007, 07:48 PM
mr sandmanblue...here ya go

ok top 1% pay 33% of the taxes, but they earn 80% of the money!! like i said they don't pay their fair share!

cheney still collects on options!! now i admittingly was exagerrating on cheney to make a point....but can you tell me the last time a contract that big was given out by the u.s. that was not bidded on? you can't tell me that's just a coincidence? and how many times has haliburton been caught gauging(stealing) now...ummmm for hundreds of millions of dollars....:rolleyes:

and drama queen i never said bush created hurricanes..:confused: oh that's right your a typical republican with the "look over here" when the point was over there....

i have noticed the gas prices going up...all the while the oil companies making RECORD profits...:confused: how's that possible? that just tells me that the gas prices don't really have to be that high...i guess the government can't help us with that one either huh?

as far as the bush/oil supply/domination thing...maybe i don't know the answer...i just know that he and his cronies definitely lied about why we just had to start a war there...

uh the israel/kuwait thing...ummm that was like 14 years ago....you know in the FIRST gulf war...they(iraq) lost everything in their military then, and have not rebuilt it since...how could they? we didn't allow them to fly, so no pilots....we had a tight rane on their trade capability, so no new weapons....so when we attacked they had nothing to resist with...like i said DEFENSELESS country....why do you think bush was on the air craft carrier a couple weeks in? you know MISSION ACCOMPLISHED....

and as far as your attempt at distraction...you know the "bush planted the bombs" thing...i never said that...i don't believe it...you know why? because he ain't smart enough to do it...;)

bush was not put on trial for the ILLEGAL wire tapping thing because he did it with a republican house and senate...who was gonna prosecute?

also by the way, you don't have to tell me how stupid people are. i already knew that by the simple fact that they elected bush twice!! but luckily for all of us they are getting smarter...thank goodness...

lastly you have yet to address why osama is still not accounted for...and why n.korea and iran was allowed to brazeningly build nukes?

*a side note pappy....i truly have no idea who soros is...and i only know who limbaugh is because he is a; pathetic racist hypocrtical human being. and has been for a long time....if soros is just as pathetic from the left, he's a moron too....any of the extremist from both wings are idiots as far as i'm concerned....JMO

Pappy
05-10-2007, 08:31 PM

*a side note pappy....i truly have no idea who soros is...any of the extremist from both wings are idiots as far as i'm concerned....JMO

Interesting, because Soros is the biggest money provider on the Democratic side of things and falls extreme left. Without knowledge of him, his influence over politics and the huge push he has against Bush I dont understand how anyone could have a well rounded view on the political field. So, that either means you're a liar, or you dont know as much as you think you do. Not singling you out, alot of folks are misinformed. I will however state that almost every post from you mimics the Soro's agenda.

Something to ponder.

Tommy 17
05-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Laaaaaerch Ive been reading most of the stuff you've been posting for the last couple of months and I just have to say something about it... What you have been saying is so full of lies and one sided no factual information that it seriously makes me sick to my stomach to read this nonsense... half of this stuff sounds like you have no idea what the real world is like except some fairy tail madeup world where everyones out to get you and cause trouble... get in the real world dude... just like ur well the iraqis had no weapons to fight us with... yeah we have how many dead soldiers over there from dirty looks and stones being thrown...

I truly can't even say anything else besides are u seriously retarded after some of the crap you write... do u actually sit down and read some of bull**** that you post... god man give it up

gilliam2364
05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
....bill clinton is not the one who sent our troops to iraq!!

dlerch, do you have any military background? I in the last two years have been discharged from the army. i have family in the army right now, all infantry. i think bush is great and ill say a good percentage of the armed forces and more than half the people i have served with do also. so my question to you is, was this a bad thing? we all signrd our names knowing that this might happen.

05-11-2007, 07:18 AM
pappy- i just read about soros on google...impressive read...i have heard of him, but just his name(pronounced sorosh) didn't register...i did notice that the amount of money he donated was no where near what murdoch gave, like the equivilent of a billion in free advertising on fox/clearchannel....from what i read he(soros) doesn't seem to be extreme left, he just doesn't seem to like bush to much(not many do)...now if the disliking of bush is the only factor needed in being extreme left, there are alot of extremist out there, and i guess he, and i for that matter, would be one....also i see no correlation between me needing to know every donator and me having a clue about what is going on politically, or how it allows me to form an opinion on iraq. this is, of course, IMO...

Tommy 17...what can i say to you...you are entitled to your opinion about me. can't say as i really care about what a, i would guess a 20 yr old, says to much....but i have read your pro-repub(racist) statements on here before, you know the ones that have been deleted by mods. and i also noticed that you didn't say anything "factual" about the war in iraq either, just like you accused me of doing. you must of forgot about that. well you were busy attacking me...hypocritical as i would expect from a spoiled rich kid. i did notice you have a new(er) street bike, and new silverrado, amongst other possesions of yours. that's pretty good for a kid in college. you must really put a lot of hours in over the summer..ya right...anyhow i will give you 2 questions to ponder, and to respond to if you so choose...the first would be; why are you in college, that i'm sure your parents are paying for, when you could have volunteered to go into the military??? if it is such a righteous cause you could even go ocs with a college background. and be right there in iraq....and secondly, do you even know what an insurgent is? well let me clue you in, that's who is responsible for 99% of the u.s. casualties. and KIDDO look up the definition, they ain't from IRAQ!! DUUHHHH!! like i said we attacked a DEFENSELESS country....which is also why we wouldn't/didn't attack n.korea or iran...they can actually fight back, and the 3000+ dead in iraq is a pittance of the amount that would fall in a war with either of those 2 countries....

note Tommy 17 i have no idea who you are, but i would guess that your parents are wealthy republicans, and the military didn't even have to be considered as a way for you to pay for college...like it was for some of the people in iraq right now...just a hunch about you...if i'm wrong so be it..

and last but not least gilliam2364...i see you were recently discharged..does that mean you did a tour in iraq? just curious...any way thank you for your service regardless. no i have no immediate military background. but yes i do have a very close cousin in the marines who did 14 mos. in and around fallujah. and i have spoken with him extensively....i also have had many conversations with returning soldiers....to respond to your direct question/comment...yes i know all of you(soldiers) signed your name, and what a colossal act of unselfishness by you all...thankyou's seem so trivial, honestly. especially for those who've been KIA. so i feel it is my duty as a fellow american to make sure that the lives of our military are not sacrificed for reasons other then what we have been told....simple as that...to just send them into harms way for oil, or ego, or some other dumb reason is not acceptable in my book. and i'm not reading this from the DEMOCRATIC "playbook"...this is my own deductioning plain and simple....if i'm wrong for not just blindly following the "leader" like a sheep....oh well, i've been wrong before, and i'll be wrong again. but that is a risk i'm willing to take...and a luxury i am afforded by being a tax paying and voting american citizen...there is nothing politically motivating me to take this stance...just pure skeptisism of the things we have been, and are still being told.....and by taking this stance make no mistake, at 37 i ain't going to iraq anytime soon. so there is no personal agenda here. i am motivated purely for the well being of our military and fellow american citizens.....

derekhonda
05-11-2007, 09:21 AM
There Dlerch goes again, like a broken record.

"you are in college, you must be rich. your mom and dad bought you a fourwheeler"

Python
05-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Lerch, I feel sorry for you - you seemingly state your strong opinions based on politically motivated rhetoric from biased media outlets here in the US about global affairs, all the while never having steped foot outside our borders in service to this country - whether militarily, politically or humanitarian. A bad combination. You can learn so much more by getting out someday. There is a whole other world out there....that doesn't care whether your democrat or republican and revolves around
facts.

sandmanblue
05-11-2007, 11:20 AM
The problem with liberals is that can't base anything they have to say on facts - because they don't exist. When shown facts, they ramble on in circles like chickens with their heads cut off.

My post above was exactly their playbook.

Class envy - the"rich" don't pay their fair share. That is such a f'ing stupid arse statement that I seriously cannot believe anyone actually believes it. NOBODY owes you JACK lerch. If you can't make money on your own skills and intelligence, then who the heck says that you or anyone else that doesn't make enough money can leach off the backs of those that make money?

You probably have a JOB that is there because some "rich" guy started a company. Without that guy starting the company, you'd be unemployed.

Where do you libs think their rich guys money goes? They BUY stuff and their EMPLOY people. They don't stick in a bank and stuff it away....

I don't know why I try anymore. It's like talking to a brick wall.....

Like I keep saying, You can't fix stupid. I just wish we could keep the STUPID people from voting and screwing up our country......

And BTW - calling conservatives racist is the most asinine statement you could possibly make. That pretty much tells the story of how libs think. If they can't prove their point using facts, they throw race into the mix.

I got news for you bud, I don't give a rats rear what color or nationality a person is (like MOST REPUBLICANS). People achieve success through their OWN merits and also fail on their own mistakes. It's been that way for thousands of years. No liberal utopian fantasy will ever change that fact.

I'd tell you to move to France, but they just elected a conservative President because their socialist government is tearing apart their own country. Even the French don't want liberals anymore...

ATV Chic
05-11-2007, 11:46 AM
^^^ You know, just because someone doesn't vote the same way you do doesn't mean they're stupid. And how mature to attack someone for their opinion.... Which is my opinion. You guys gonna attack me and call me stupid too? :confused: :(

05-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
^^^ You know, just because someone doesn't vote the same way you do doesn't mean they're stupid. And how mature to attack someone for their opinion.... Which is my opinion. You guys gonna attack me and call me stupid too? :confused: :(

don't sweat the small stuff...i surely don't..;)

mr sandmanblue i assure you that i am above "middle class" earnings...:D...i am a business owner and employ over 20 people. including; blacks, asians, men, women, and gays...so believe me i don't argue for me when it comes to paying a "fare" share...

here is something you peeps don't see alot of....i have 8 quads, drive a saab, own a couple of tag heuers, wear polo, and have a ford f250 w/ a dump bed and a myers power angle on it..i think football is boring, nascar is always turning left, so it isn't very challenging...i live for hockey and play it 3-5 times a week....so call me a liberal all you want..."sticks and stones"....but the fact of the matter is i am a fair minded person that is intelligent enough to use deductive reasoning when it comes to the issues of this government, and the reason or lack there of for the u.s. to be in the country of iraq....

to take it a step further....i do not think the only "four wheeler" that should go thru the woods needs to say land rover on it...so i ain't no tree hugging lib, and rarely use them as exact sources per-say. nor do i feel that the dems are very good at reading people. they seem to think that we want to here the truth as opposed to some sugar coated rendition of it ....i personally don't believe in god...so i, obviously am not religous fanatic from the right..i do not like to many repubs, but do think they are better at politicking then the dems... and please don't construe that as a compliment....i am a registered independent, and have voted in every election i could of since my 18th birthday....

do i speculate from time to time? of course, i have to because this government is not gonna come out and say "yes we attacked iraq for the oil" etc etc....i look at cause and effect sometimes, and i look at action and re-actions to surmise some of my opinions...what i find most amusing is that though i am accused of not having "facts"...it seems to me that the only things that seem to be held as fact by most of my antagonists is anything coming from a republicans mouth.....i find that confusing, and very hypocritical, which i find a very annoying personality flaw....i have never been, and never will be a "sheep" as i like to call them...i do not follow the crowd simply because everyone else does....so if you think i that i believe this president, and the people around him are garbage, because that's what al franken or jon stewart say, trust me you are sadly mistaken....

and disagreeing with the president does not make you un-american or even unpatriotic....

derekhonda...don't make me call you out...again...

anyone who wants to point/counterpoint with me on iraq i am more than willing...but if you think that just personally attacking me makes you right....well to me that just tells me your not intelligent enough to make a REAL point....

Quad18star
05-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't think I've ever seen so much bickering over politics than I have on this forum . Every 3 days the same topic comes up and it always goes the same way... " You're a left wing , you're stupid and don't know anything " , " You a right wing , you're stupid and you don't know anything" ... blah blah blah. It's in the papers , it's on the news and now it's on the forums.

On an International Level , people look at what's going on in the USA and shake their heads . You guys ( the country) are fighting so hard against yourselves , that countries that are against the USA are actually getting a morale boost because of what's going on . They see the country battling itself and see their opportunity to advance themselves.

Your country knows that you're overseas fighting terrorism which is great , but don't try and fool anyone into believing that there isn't a strong interest in the oil from your government. Bush Sr and Bush Jr are OIL MEN .... somewhere , somehow , they are making a profit from the oil... but he is also looking out for the sake of your country. Shut off the oil supply to the USA , and you'll see a major crack in the economy.

sandmanblue
05-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic

Actually, if people fall into the category that I stated (35% of dems and 15% of reps that believe there was a conspiracy regarding 9/11) then I'd call them stupid.

I can't find another term that applies.

Stating an "opinion" is fine, but knowingly making statements based on factually incorrect or unsubstantiated evidence is not an opinion, but rather a fabrication, a lie.

Libs have been making the case that"Bush lied", which is a pure fabrication of evidence and therefore a lie in itself. In order to lie, you have to know you are wrong. You have to intentionally mislead, to which there IS NO EVIDENCE that Bush did that. As a matter of fact, there is overwhelming evidence that he was told about WMD existence by our military intelligence. He believed them, they believed the evidence to be authentic. No lies.

For somebody to continue on with the Bush Lied crap, while being a relatively intelligent person, is simply being a fat liar.

Those that perpetuate this nonsense but have no clue about what I just said, are the ones I would call stupid, ignorant, morons...

Lastly - Lerch. If you fall into the upper class then you , just as I have, received a tax break. So did everybody else. Then, something magically happened (contrary to what libs believe), TAX REVENUES WENT UP!!!! Taxing the very people that feed the economy is selfish, and economically irresponsible. You want to be selfless (like a good liberal), then pay more taxes, instead of telling everyone else to pay more so you won't!

In addition, if tax breaks spur the economy and actually increase total tax revenues, then tax increases would do what??? DECREASE revenues and stifle the economy. This is such basic economics, yet libs can't comprehend this FACT!!!

Iraq? - plain and simple, we should leave, but only after the Iraqi government has met reasonable milestones for control. It's a new government over there. Do you remember how fragile our own government was and for how long after 1776? Shouldn't we allow for as much time, if not more considering the consequences of running away and hoping that it will all be okay with our heads buried in the sand?

sandmanblue
05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
You know, this topic started out simple enough.

An idiot basing her "opinion" on unsubstantiated evidence was issued a plate by a state agency. Why is she an idiot? Because she obviously has no clue that there has been nothing impeachable that Bush has done.

If so, bring on the trials. If not, too bad for Bush haters.

The MVD needs to act in an apolitical manner and call the plate back.

Apparently, you ppl also think I am a Bush supporter. Fact is, I am a supporter of the USA and its interests. That's what I am fighting for.

05-11-2007, 04:47 PM
tax breaks to me do not spur the economy IMO, it just makes the rich richer....

as far as stating an "opinion"...it was bush's opinion that got us into iraq...because it obviously wasn't fact...

look into the simple FACT that cheney made iraq happen...he MADE the connection between iraq/al queida, and wmd's...cheney was the person in charge of finding info on al queida, and report what he found out back to bush....now that was a "fabrication of evidence" if i ever saw one!!

i have no idea about what to do about iraq at this point...i apologize, but i just can't past my belief that we shouldn't be there in the first place...i guess i'm just hard-headed that way...i do know leaving now would be a disaster....but as far as a decent government being set up there anytime soon, well it just isn't happening...especially with the civil war that seems to be going on there....i'm just curious as to what FACTS have been proven to substantiate why we attcked iraq...

NorCalRacer
05-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by sandmanblue
You know, this topic started out simple enough.

An idiot basing her "opinion" on unsubstantiated evidence was issued a plate by a state agency. Why is she an idiot? Because she obviously has no clue that there has been nothing impeachable that Bush has done.

If so, bring on the trials. If not, too bad for Bush haters.

The MVD needs to act in an apolitical manner and call the plate back.

Apparently, you ppl also think I am a Bush supporter. Fact is, I am a supporter of the USA and its interests. That's what I am fighting for.

She is not an idiot, she stated her opinion. It may be wrong, but it doesn't hurt me any, so WHO CARES? How AMERICAN is it to tell her not to do it, seems out of the soviet handbook to me. I think that since Bush has come into office, I have heard more crap spewed than ever before, by both sides. What I am sick of is that absolute hatred between Americans, on both sides. I personally think it would take an idiot to believe all these left wing wackos, but on a same note only an idiot would trust our country's press department. One thing is for sure, since the Bush administration has come into power half our country wants to kill the other half, and that doesn't do us any good in the long run. I used to be a lot more proud to say I was from the good old US of A, maybe that time will return someday. Until then, let fight night commence.

sandmanblue
05-14-2007, 02:11 PM
tax breaks to me do not spur the economy IMO, it just makes the rich richer....

This is exactly what I am talking about.

There is no disputing that taxes were cut across the board for all Americans. There is no disputing that the Dow is at record levels. There is no disputing that employment is very high (I don't believe there is such a thing as 100% employment, but there's always room for improvement here).

There is no disputing that tax revenues have dramatically increased as a result of all of these things...

What I don't understand is how you refuse to acknowledge that tax breaks allow for more cash to hit our economy and that means more people get employed and therefore overall tax revenues increase...

NorCal and Lerch - I honestly believe that the only reason you feel there there is so much hatred going both ways is that there are so many EXTREME examples that people are buying into. Conspiracies, global warming, etc. There is such a thing as being reasonable and being able to negotiate our differences. I'm all for that (like MOST conservatives).

But when you see the elected people in congress ramming pork barrel spending down the throats of us all in a WAR FUNDING bill, using the bill as political blackmail, AND NOBODY SAYS JACK ABOUT THE PORK - how the heck are we supposed to negotiate?

Let's face it, there's absolutely NO reason to attach millions of dollars for Katrina relief to a WAR funding bill, yet the dems attach it because they know it won't pass without being attached to a NEEDED bill.

That's the crap that needs to stop. That's why the line item veto is SOOO important. That will keep politicians honest (or at least less dishonest)....

ATV Chic
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Let's face it, there's absolutely NO reason to attach millions of dollars for Katrina relief to a WAR funding bill, yet the dems attach it because they know it won't pass without being attached to a NEEDED bill.

That's the crap that needs to stop. That's why the line item veto is SOOO important. That will keep politicians honest (or at least less dishonest)....

So, explain to me what the heck is wrong with the DEMS attaching a bill such as above TO HELP PEOPLE HIT BY A NATURAL DISASTER because, as you said yourself, they know it won't pass! Are we NOT to help people in this country hit by a natural disaster??:huh That crap needs to stop????:ermm: Wow...

Rekd
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
if you like your quad and want to keep having places to ride it maybe you should be happy your state is so conservative.

Nuff said.

Oh, and uh...

...There's ignorance, there's un-informed, then there's just plain denial.

05-14-2007, 02:57 PM
This is exactly what I am talking about.

There is no disputing that taxes were cut across the board for all Americans. There is no disputing that the Dow is at record levels. There is no disputing that employment is very high (I don't believe there is such a thing as 100% employment, but there's always room for improvement here).

There is no disputing that tax revenues have dramatically increased as a result of all of these things...

What I don't understand is how you refuse to acknowledge that tax breaks allow for more cash to hit our economy and that means more people get employed and therefore overall tax revenues increase...

NorCal and Lerch - I honestly believe that the only reason you feel there there is so much hatred going both ways is that there are so many EXTREME examples that people are buying into. Conspiracies, global warming, etc. There is such a thing as being reasonable and being able to negotiate our differences. I'm all for that (like MOST conservatives).

But when you see the elected people in congress ramming pork barrel spending down the throats of us all in a WAR FUNDING bill, using the bill as political blackmail, AND NOBODY SAYS JACK ABOUT THE PORK - how the heck are we supposed to negotiate?

there is big differences in how tax cuts are spent....and i don't know how some guy buying another ferrari helps me or you? or some poor person having one more rent payment?

and you are correct, there is no way to have 100% unemployment... for various reasons. but ask yourself this; what is the REAL reason for such a low unemployment? my personal belief is that people are so in dept that they have to work to survive, whatever the job...and people working just above minimum wage to barely survive is not an "unemployment" success in my book...and the fact that manurfacturing jobs are leaving the u.s. everyday is not good for this country either...i mean come on not everyone can be in the service industry....nafta is becoming a miserable failure, and is slowly gonna destroy the economy of this country...

the dow at a record high to me just means that the super rich are getting even richer!! some guy working at mcdonalds for minimum wage is not investing in stocks....the way i see it, the super rich, for the most part, have pulled their money out of real estate related areas because it has slowed a little, and put the $$$ in the stock market. simple as that...JMO

i don't "buy" into conspiracies....but the polar ice caps are melting and there was no nuclear weapons in iraq!! so i would have to say to you that; it's not a conspiracy when the evidence becomes tangible...

as far as the "katrina" relief thing...i agree that it shouldn't be bunched in with the already outrageously high war spending bill.....but here's the problem with that; neither dems or repubs want to force the insurance companies to pay up on the billions in claims that they are trying not to pay on....that is pure and simply because they are some big "funders" of re-election monies....so personally i'm glad to see some of my tax dollars helping out fellow americans....it's way better than some of the other crap they waste my money on.....

NorCalRacer
05-14-2007, 08:52 PM
[i]Originally posted
That's the crap that needs to stop. That's why the line item veto is SOOO important. That will keep politicians honest (or at least less dishonest).... [/B]

You are a pretty good example of my previous statement.