PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 EDT 2007

jd0406
05-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I was just browsing around atvaonline.com and noticed they had Round 2 with Steve Nace at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds in IL instead of Taylorville, did I miss something?

atvracinextra
05-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Yes it has been change to DuQuoin. We found out a few weeks ago. Would be nice if the atva would put it on their homepage instead of putting it where most will never see it.

yfzttracer76
05-08-2007, 05:45 PM
does anyone know what that track will be like

djhenson23
05-10-2007, 04:05 PM
I bet it is going to be similar to paducah

One_Bad_400
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by atvracinextra
Yes it has been change to DuQuoin. We found out a few weeks ago. Would be nice if the atva would put it on their homepage instead of putting it where most will never see it.

its pretty clear if you look at the schedule...;)

C-LEIGH RACING
06-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Steve was at the Ark race handing out fliers & one sheet was a map of the fair grounds.
Looking at the map he said was around a 5 acres RV lot with hook up at one end of the track. Track he said was a half mile oval but only half of it would be used.
If the map is true to size & if the camping area is 5 acres then the track area is around 20 because on the map it looks like 4 1/2 times bigger than the camping/ pit area.
There is another pit area in front of the track like down the straighaway, but dont know if its front straightaway or back, dont show a grandstand.
This pit area has NO camping wrote on it.
Camping in the RV hook up area is $15.00 a night.

Fair grounds is located right beside Hwy 51 on the right if your going north.

Sounds & looks exciting because of the size of the place & RV hook up, just have to see when we get there.
Neil

fourfortyfour
06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Half of the Quad Squad went to Round #2 . The races were called due to rain that stopped soon after it was called and places were awarded to heat races that were ran. Not all heat races were ran and some came to race and never raced and recieved only half of their entry fee back. I think the lack of orginization has lead to some very mixed feelings toward Extreme Dirt Track Nationals. Sunday should be reserved for rain outs but horse buggies were already using the track on Sunday. Weird huh! It's like we never planned on Sunday. If we are going to spend the money to come to these events we would like more thought going into the planning and actually trying to race! I hope the sport continues to grow and this really hurts in the pocket book! I hope that if we attend more in the future that their will be better preperation.

www.quadsquadracing.com

Kendall33
06-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the Extreme Wet Track Nationals ladies and gentlemen...as far as the Duquoin race goes, there was no human error for once as far as the scoring went, the trackside computer system was messed waaay up. The rain didn't help either making the day start slow and go slow the rest of the day. As much as people wanted to complain Satuday for the race being called off, it was the right decision because we stayed the night and it was about to pour some more right as we rolled out around 11:00AM. The track would have taken 3 or so hours to prepare and by that time it would have rained some more...ruining the whole day and wasting everyones time...But in the end everyone was scored right and got their little plaques and went home. The EDT just needs to have better consistency with everything pertaining to the series, whether the consistency is bad or good, it needs to be CONSISTENT

anyways...I had a lot of fun around the fair grounds runnin around on the pitbike in the mud and racing when I got the chance I took 1st in 265A leading the other heat by 9 seconds, and won the ProductionA leading the next fastest heat by 5 seconds so it was a good weekend for me as far as points..I didn't get to race my 4-Stokre A heat because of rain so it's a 7 race series for that class

Hope to see everyone at Virginia

palot
06-25-2007, 12:41 AM
our group also spent the night and when we got up around 7:30 the sun was out bright and hot.. when we left the track at 10:30 it was still hot and very sunny.. things must of changed fast .. but I guess anything is possible .. I had already made up my mind that when we got home to check the weather for DuQuoin just to see how much rain they had Sunday..

I think what made most people mad was the fact that the race was called saturday and not waited til sunday to see for sure what happened.. alot of people spend alot of money to get to these races and they feel like everything possible should be done to get them in.. and I'm still not sure I understand the way the Pro races were done .. after all the LCQ's were never run.. ??

palot
06-25-2007, 01:15 AM
ok here is what i found

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-current-conditions.asp?partner=townnews&traveler=0&zipcode=62832

MapPrecipitation
Past 3 Hours:0.00 inPast 6 Hours:0.00 inPast 24 Hours:0.10 in
Precipitation Map
Current RadarVisibility
Visibility:10 MilesCloud Cover:78 %Ceiling:16400 ft
Current SatelliteAccuWeather.com Map CenterIlinois Radar

schl48
06-25-2007, 08:18 AM
these tracks we race at aren't the cream of the crop. with all the places that would love to hold these races why would we race at a track that doesn't have sunday open just in case? that is crazy. theres only 8 races. this is all abount getting that 40 dollars at the gate and that 40 dollars or so to race. they want that 80 dollars so bad but don't want to do nothing for it. doug morris should never let any race be held without sunday open. we spend about 2500 dollars taveling lodgeing and food, 800 dollars to race for a total of over3000 dollars.theres 10 of us at least.the question is are we just stupid or is the atva stupid? how the hell can we grow with this stupid decision making.

rustee
06-25-2007, 10:54 AM
i might as well get my 2 cents in as well. as far as steve nace' well im am not going to beat a dead horse its about the money with him half money back did we get half a race. if we did not get to run our heat should get a full refund.but with that being said we were warned in the morning at the riders meeting that our qaulifiers might just be our race. they new we were going to get bad weather and practice should have started proptley at 7 am instead of 8:30 . and heats at 8 instead of 10 am. everything took way to long they over watered the track then had to scrape it off this went on about 3 or so times at about 45-1hr each time. rather then just lay a light water down and get going again the track was drinking it anyway becuase of the heat everything went way to sloooow all day.we faird well because we ran our qualifier knowing it was probably our race and we still did not get 1 of our classes in as well.at 5:30 still doing qualifing no wonder ! and still about 12 or so classes did not get to run there heat . then the skies opend up and that was that. schl48 is correct i do think they need better tracks with better drainage. ashtabula literly fillied the bowl up with 4 feet of water and we still raced on it the next day last year. because they have drainage for this reason. this trip was a waste of $787 and 2 days of driving 1000 miles each way for a 4th and 7th and nothing for the 3rd class . i personaly think they need to start these things earler like 7am and stay on top of it all day. swap out course workers thru out the day as they do need a break as well it is brutel out there all day and keep the program moving !!! that is why ashtabula is king! the fischers know how to get this done. that was about the only thing that kept every one from getting at least there heats in was lack of keeping the program moving and earlyer start time. the rain is the rain. mabe we need to start using rain tires like indy cars. just kidding! there was no sense in being pissed for a thousand miles home my family would really have hated me. rustee....

virginia here we come. stay on top of it!

ZWILLETT47
06-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Here's some facts and some opinions:
1. Fact: Race was called Saturday night.
2. Fact: Nace Racing have the facility leased Wednesday thur
Monday.
3. Fact: Nace didn't call the race ATVA called the race.
4. Fact: Scoring was done off of the heat finishes.
5. Fact: Sunday Morning the sun was shining at 8:00 am.

6. Opinion: I remeber: when we went to a one day-event there
was a understanding, we could be held over till Sunday if
Saturday got washed out.

7 Opinion: the track would had taken miminum 3 hours before
anyone could had gotten on it. So 20/20 hind sight the call
Saturday was the right call if it was pouring downing by 11:00
am.

8. I believe their were 5 classes that fail to get their heats in.

9. Fact: If it was a Supermoto it would not had got called we
race rain or shine:)

One final note: The ATVA / AMA rules that we have should be followed (all of the rules) not just the ones we want to use. If the rules don't work then they need to be changed during the annual Congress meeting. But till then we need to go by the rules we have.

If it's not a rule then it's not a rule and something dreamed up is only a dream.

Dave

bstuart
06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Same thing happened in Illinois last year. They got thru the heats but only halfway thru the mains. The gripe was how long it took to get thru the heats. Had it been a little more organized early in the day (50 minute riders meeting, 1 hour to go thru tech), they might have gotten thru before the rain came.

Last year in Paducah the rain came as well. Had been raining on and off for a day or two. The track was under about 10" of water. They got most of it off by late Friday. Then came the flood. It was a record rainfall for the area and it put the track under 2 feet of water in some areas. There was talk of a shortened track around the outside and a few other ideas. They kept saying we are going to race no matter what. Great all-star effort, and they worked their tails off trying. My problem was this. They didn't know when to give up. It was hopeless, the radar was showing no end to the rain. We were all just sitting in the pits. We never got to unload the quads or setup camp. We stayed because they were so passionate about wanting to make it work. Anyway - finally they gave up, but wouldn't give us back any money on the pit passes. I paid 175.00 to park in a gravel lot and watch it rain. They had the gonads to tell me that if I had left earlier, I could have gotten my money back!! They did allow people to bring their armbands to the rescheduled event and get in.

Now, heres another one. 2004 in Paducah, no rain but a complete cluster. No organization, especially at staging. No speakers in the pits, so all the riders congregate in the staging area, so they don't miss their race and you can't even get to the track. 50 and 90 classes were running at 1am because the program ran so long. It was a mess.

Now - all these screw-ups have two words in common
STEVE NACE
I don't know the guy personally, he might be a wonderful individual. But every event of his that I have been to has been jacked up in some way.

Just my .02

rustee
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
ZWILLETT47
ZAC'S DAD (DAVID

dave ! good post and i am not trying to argue with you but the atva did not call it the promotor called it which is steve nace. this came directly from schmitty the reff. i was there when he told us this he said it would take 3hrs min to get the track ready if no more rain fell and there was a 65 percent chance of rain on sunday according to him. but you have all excellent points i did not know he had the track from wends to monday not that would have matterd any way. and every race we do go to we are prepaired to stay the xtra day if needed we travel to far not to do this. rustee...

racinggrl5
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Extreme dirt track is just a joke now, seems to be that way at most tracks. Sadly to say it seems our sport is going to hell. :o

300exQuadracer
06-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by racinggrl5
Extreme dirt track is just a joke now, seems to be that way at most tracks. Sadly to say it seems our sport is going to hell. :o

i couldn't agree more, if WPSA had a flat track series guess where I'd be!

also there was deff a lot of screwing around all day because they where banking on the rain

and basically from what I heard personally the transponders are basically there and are to be used, but they are not in the rules yet
maybe the promototer should eat the $20 of our transponders at every race instead of us having to spend $20 extra

C-LEIGH RACING
06-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by racinggrl5

A JOKE, :eek: what!
No! what realy is a joke is whos making the decisions at the races we are attending.

Now it realy makes a lot of sence for all of us to drive all those miles, spend all that money getting everything there that we will need, pay the entry fees for the weekend of racing & then just because of a little rain, CANCEL the event, well way to go just make a dumb ***** out of me if you would please.

I have a good idea,
why dont they (THEY being who evers in charge making decisions) set each race event up where you have to pre-register for each class & send the moneys in at that same time & then after everybody has signed up thats intending to race that weekend, just let them cancel the race thursday before the saturday race is suppost to begin.
This way they, (again THEY) will have the money they are intending to screw us out of & wont even have to look at us.

Best part about doing it like this for us is, we wont have to invest all the travel moneys or lost sleep or problems we might have during our travel.

Sounds better to me doing it like this than going & then the race getting canceled.
Neil

palot
06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
my biggest problem is they should have waited intil sunday to call the race.. I thought sunday was suppose to be a rain date.. if they had waited and got going sunday to try and run and had done what they could to have gotten it in and then the rain had of came and we could not have gotten it in then I dont think anyone would of really had a reason to be mad because they had done everthing possible to run the race .. as it stands now.. they just gave up saturday and was not even willing to try for sunday..and to top that off from the understanding I have ( and i guess it could be wrong ) there was not VERY much rain at all sunday..

another thing when did the pit bike pass go to $15 ??

tprender
06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Something that noone has said. Why did Steve Nance have this race to begin with? This race was supposed to be at Taylorville untill the middle of April and then it got changed. Should say, taken away from Taylorville and given to Nance. Why??

ZWILLETT47
06-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by tprender
Something that noone has said. Why did Steve Nance have this race to begin with? This race was supposed to be at Taylorville untill the middle of April and then it got changed. Should say, taken away from Taylorville and given to Nance. Why??

The race is Steve's and he had a problem with Taylorville so he move it to Du Quion. I agreed with you Chuckie they should of waited until Sunday and tried to get some more of the races in....I don't know if they could of done it or not but whoever ( I was told ATVA) cancelled the event should had waited.

Pensonally I liked DuQuion than the Taylorville race track....

"Biggest factor for us to race is the weather, it controls at lot of our racing whether we like it or not.

yfzttracer76
06-25-2007, 08:45 PM
i didnt like the way we were started, the short/tight area and fast right hand turn. the surface of the outside horse track. The rest of the track was alot of fun.

Kendall33
06-26-2007, 01:18 AM
In all reality if you take into perspective there was only one first-corner crash...THAT'S PRETTY AWESOME so I liked it a lot..and the Horse track part of it was kind of different...it made you have to be able to set up your bike for both and you as a rider be able to ride in both

bscill
06-26-2007, 06:53 AM
I agree with Kendall33 on the first corner and the rest of the track. I know that some people were complaining about the straight-away being slippery. All that I can say is adapt to it.

Good run in 265A Kendall33. Sucks about our 4strokeA class. I know that some of us are getting tired of being spanked by ya. See ya at Danville.

Scillian515

C-LEIGH RACING
06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by ZWILLETT47
The race is Steve's and he had a problem with Taylorville so he move it to Du Quion. I agreed with you Chuckie they should of waited until Sunday and tried to get some more of the races in....I don't know if they could of done it or not but whoever ( I was told ATVA) cancelled the event should had waited.

Pensonally I liked DuQuion than the Taylorville race track....

"Biggest factor for us to race is the weather, it controls at lot of our racing whether we like it or not.

:D :D :D :D So, ATVA was the one who canceled the race, but didnt somebody else say Steve canceled it ???.

Ok, lets add some things up here, David, you said Steve had the fair grounds from Wed until Monday to complete the event so nothing was in the way because of that other than maybe IF it rained, to stop us from trying to atleast run Sunday. Hummm,,,according to that then time wasnt a problem,,but then again Steve is the one getting our moneys.
Maybe he did cancel it then maybe again he didnt.

Ok, now far as the ATVA, I overheard Steve saying Doug Morris & Smitty both had flights out back to home Saturday evening & I heard it from others as well, but could that be a lie, I dont think so.

Seams like at the big meeting over at the AMA trailer I remember hearing Smitty say something about his flight Saturday night, so they probably did have flights out & from the very begining before they left home had no intentions of being around Sunday.

Now, who said what.
Steve stood to profit either way if all the races were completed or not, canceling Saturday just ment he didnt have to mess with us Sunday or Monday.
You got to remember Steves races from last year what happened & then the year before that, even a blind man could read whats going on within that.
Then our ATVA officals, those that should be in charge till the very end or at least untill the last race has been ran or all the problems that came up have been solved. For them to have flights planned before hand for leaving out on Saturday evening not knowing IF the event could be completed or not Saturday, again, a blind man could read whats going on.

It could go either way with who said what, but in the end, we, the ones who are attending with hopes of having a good weekend of racing & are the ones who are getting the shaft the most.

I for one am sick of all the money that has to be invested just for a rider to be able to attend one of these events & then for them to treat us like they do, its not right & there needs to be a MEETING.
Neil

fourfortyfour
06-26-2007, 08:23 AM
We have been coming to the Nationals...Hit and Miss for a few years now. Every year I am totally disgruntled with the decision making of the REF! I can say that out of the few we have attended they have been called! One member of our Quad Squad races MX- WPSA and he never has these problems! It is highly organized and I can see most riders choosing this series. I just wished we had one like it for the TT riders. I think someone should hire new people to organize the ATVA! It needs to be revamped and overhauled. I would do the same for my quad if it were in disrepair! If my quad ran like the ATVA TT Extreme Dirt Track Nationals...I would buy a new one!

C-LEIGH RACING
06-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by fourfortyfour
We have been coming to the Nationals...Hit and Miss for a few years now. Every year I am totally disgruntled with the decision making of the REF! I can say that out of the few we have attended they have been called! One member of our Quad Squad races MX- WPSA and he never has these problems! It is highly organized and I can see most riders choosing this series. I just wished we had one like it for the TT riders. I think someone should hire new people to organize the ATVA! It needs to be revamped and overhauled. I would do the same for my quad if it were in disrepair! If my quad ran like the ATVA TT Extreme Dirt Track Nationals...I would buy a new one!

My goodness, I dont know who this guy is but we all need to give him 500 ataboys.

One thing I do need a correction on though, you see where you said TT, well we're not racing TT anymore & you know why, because a TT track has to be layed out & built in a certain way & not like these crappy types of tracks we're having to run on.
The TT name was changed I beleave to Extreme Dirt Track just so it would be legal for the promotor to just throw any ol kind of track together for the riders to race on.
If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but you have been to the races so tell me if they have been TT tracks or not.
Neil

fourfortyfour
06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks Candice!!! We parked next to you on Round #`1 last year in Texas @ Brashear. We are the Quad Squad from Tulsa. We have all the teens running around! Right now we are all writing and checking the net... We are stuck in the rain running a fire works stand. This is Brenda (pitmom) and Brock #444 and Colby #231 and #445. (Jaycie can't run the nationals this year because she broke her humerous at Twin Creeks and severed her main artery. She will be recovering all summer. She has some nerve damage but she can't wait to get back on the track. I didn't get to go to Round#2 but the boys filled my ears full! Last year I complained but I can see that it didn't do any good. Round #1 was great! Twin Creeks did an awesome job and I thought it would be a different year and a different series. I think the main problem is who's running it all from the top!

We might make it to a couple more just to see if it is any better but I keep hearing repeats of the same stories every year.

I promote a local indoor winter series and it grows by leaps and bounds every year! You just have to know how to treat people...because they are the ones who bring in the money and spectators. We race because we love it. We go as a family and we always have a good time seeing everyone.

Good Luck in Virginia if you go. Come to Tulsa for the Shootout in late December. It's fun! It's held in the Tulsa Expo. 1500 entries!!!!!

C-LEIGH RACING
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by fourfortyfour
Thanks Candice!!! We parked next to you on Round #`1 last year in Texas @ Brashear. We are the Quad Squad from Tulsa. We have all the teens running around! Right now we are all writing and checking the net... We are stuck in the rain running a fire works stand. This is Brenda (pitmom) and Brock #444 and Colby #231 and #445. (Jaycie can't run the nationals this year because she broke her humerous at Twin Creeks and severed her main artery. She will be recovering all summer. She has some nerve damage but she can't wait to get back on the track. I didn't get to go to Round#2 but the boys filled my ears full! Last year I complained but I can see that it didn't do any good. Round #1 was great! Twin Creeks did an awesome job and I thought it would be a different year and a different series. I think the main problem is who's running it all from the top!

We might make it to a couple more just to see if it is any better but I keep hearing repeats of the same stories every year.

I promote a local indoor winter series and it grows by leaps and bounds every year! You just have to know how to treat people...because they are the ones who bring in the money and spectators. We race because we love it. We go as a family and we always have a good time seeing everyone.

Good Luck in Virginia if you go. Come to Tulsa for the Shootout in late December. It's fun! It's held in the Tulsa Expo. 1500 entries!!!!!

This is not Candace, but we did all ride together last year. Sorry to hear about Jaycie, hope shes getting better.
Neil

palot
06-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I know the next one is Birch Creek and we are all looking forward to that.. If the race is called there you know they have done everything they could do to get it in.. Thing's always seem to run smooth and everyone has a great time ..

Birch Creek
Ashtabula
Elizabeth City
they are 3 races for sure who stay on top of thing's and know how to put on a great event..

Twin creek's also do a great job..

I wish we had the people running these races running the series..
I believe thing's would run alot different...

maybe when we go to these tracks that do know how to take care of us we should take the time to let them know..

fourfortyfour
06-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Oops. I thought it was Candice but all the same...we enjoy everyone! You guys are right. If some of those promoters were running the entire series...it would go a little smoother.

bstuart
06-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll reserve judgement on the 2007 season till we see how the rest of the events go. Terry Reynolds and crew always do a phenominal job and I can't wait to see the event at the new track in Missouri. He always does a great job at Twin Creeks too. I've heard nothing but good things about the east coast events and Hetricks and Fischers events, I haven't been myself. Now all those promoters had to deal with weather and difficulties too. I'm telling you folks, add up all the confusing and frustrating races over the last three years and most have been a Steve Nace event. There are good promoters with high quality facilities that would love to promote a real "TT" events. Doug needs to grow some gonads and make some of the difficult changes necessary to grow this series. Its just not happening under his direction.

ZWILLETT47
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
:D :D :D :D So, ATVA was the one who canceled the race, but didnt somebody else say Steve canceled it ???.

Ok, lets add some things up here, David, you said Steve had the fair grounds from Wed until Monday to complete the event so nothing was in the way because of that other than maybe IF it rained, to stop us from trying to atleast run Sunday. Hummm,,,according to that then time wasnt a problem,,but then again Steve is the one getting our moneys.
Maybe he did cancel it then maybe again he didnt.

Ok, now far as the ATVA, I overheard Steve saying Doug Morris & Smitty both had flights out back to home Saturday evening & I heard it from others as well, but could that be a lie, I dont think so.

Seams like at the big meeting over at the AMA trailer I remember hearing Smitty say something about his flight Saturday night, so they probably did have flights out & from the very begining before they left home had no intentions of being around Sunday.

Now, who said what.
Steve stood to profit either way if all the races were completed or not, canceling Saturday just ment he didnt have to mess with us Sunday or Monday.
You got to remember Steves races from last year what happened & then the year before that, even a blind man could read whats going on within that.
Then our ATVA officals, those that should be in charge till the very end or at least untill the last race has been ran or all the problems that came up have been solved. For them to have flights planned before hand for leaving out on Saturday evening not knowing IF the event could be completed or not Saturday, again, a blind man could read whats going on.

It could go either way with who said what, but in the end, we, the ones who are attending with hopes of having a good weekend of racing & are the ones who are getting the shaft the most.

I for one am sick of all the money that has to be invested just for a rider to be able to attend one of these events & then for them to treat us like they do, its not right & there needs to be a MEETING.
Neil

After the rain, Steve was asked if they would have a race how long would it take Sunday before they would be racing, Steve reply was 3 - 4 hours. I beleive Smitty called the race after his commit.

Smitty, I was told had a fight home Sunday Morning I do not know if he had one Sunday of Monday (ready doesn't matter to me). I know Doug did not have any fight, and he was there Sunday morning pulling banners down so I could haul the to VA race. Doug drove down in an AMA van. I did not see Doug Saturday night when the issue was brought up.

At one point Saturday night Smitty informed me that he was going to cancel the event and placed a call to some one with AMA as he was telling me this. What he meant was the event would be as if it never happened, a non event. I left Smitty and found Steve went to Steve and told him his event was going to be cancelled and he would need to get our money ready to reimburse us our admission and entry fees. Steve pulled me to aside and asked several straight up question and I informed what was going on. At that point I know for a fact Steve had nothing to do with anything and probably knew less that some of us the crowd. He was not part of the decision to do anything at least at this point in time. Shortly there after Smitty came by and said the event was over and they were scoring the finishes off of the heats. We shook hands and I said this was the right thing to do and there was no hard feeling.

I am not a Steve Nace fan by any means nor do I dislike Smitty. I would/will set down with either and drink a beer and talk racing anytime. There an old saying, don't judge someone unless you have walked in their shoes. I have had both jobs and you can never make everyone happy. I have promoter races and official them as well. Without promoters we would not have races and without officials we never could resolve our issues between us. Both have very unrewarding/thankless jobs but we need both.

Our sport is what it is and some of you have opinions on certain tracks/ promoters and officals as well as I have mine. If you have problems with the promoter or the official of an event…I would recommend talking to them and offer suggestions on how they could improve our series. Running down and event on here I have a hard time seeing the value in this. Of course this is my opinion and you all have your and I respect yours.

I am looking forward to the VA race and hope we have learn something from Du Quion that we can use to improve our series.

Racing is a way of life for some of us and we’re all race because we love the sport. I would not go on Jerry Springer and ruin any of my family lives, nor will I ruin the sport I love by airing my dirty laundry on here.

Nace and Smitty are part of our family whether you like it or not. We need them and they need us……

My 2 cents

Dave

motoman32
06-27-2007, 07:24 AM
i was there sunday morning and the sun was shining, there was no good reason we didnt run and finish up on sunday, we spent over 1500 bucks this past weekend too run a few laps and get sent home , the track workers just gave up and so did the ATVA. not too even talk about the 2000 mile round trip of driving ! ya the horses where running at 9 am no reason we could"nt have been , J ROSS

bstuart
06-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Dave,

Believe it or not - I agree with you 100%. The only reason that I have aired negative comments about Steve is that I think something needs to be done. Enough is enough. Burn the racers once - your bad. Burn the racers two, three, four times - our bad. We can't let this continue to happen, if we want our sport to get to the next level. Now, I understand that Steve may not have had much of a role in the problems this last weekend, and Mother Nature just seems to have it out for the EDT. But still, the history of other issues cannot be ignored. Now, we directly can't do anything, other than boycott the races. (Which I'm not going to do) So, the ATVA that represents us, needs to do something. My opinion is that Doug Morris has made some pretty lame decisions over that last couple of years to do with the direction of the series. I think its time that more racers let the ATVA know how you feel. I have done this myself both face to face with Doug and via email.

I do fully agree that we need to promote a positive atmosphere around the series and treat everyone as family. The opposite side to that is, if someone in the "family" is continually NOT treating everyone else the same way - then we need to band together and remove them from the "family".

C-LEIGH RACING
06-27-2007, 11:47 AM
David,
For the most part I'm right there with you how we should conduct ourself & have respect & I'm as you, a promotor & a ref here locally so I know full well what has to be delt with.
On another note though, just like Bill said ENOUGH is ENOUGH & things need to change.

It cant just keep on going like it is because its to many people taking time & moneys out of their lives to attend these events.

Now David, I know everybody has a different way of thinking about these races what should be done & then not, but when I leave home Wed or Thursday to go to the race I expect to come home with some results, not the race being canceled.

For me its just like I said to you Saturday evening, every effort should have been made to complete the event be it Saturday Sunday or Monday if need be, we came to race, not be sent home with nothing.
Neil

86atc250r
06-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Lots of rumors...

From what I understand, Nace called the event *or* told Smitty there was practically no way the track would be raceable on Sunday --- so, even if Smitty made the call, he can only work with what the promoter is telling him. Heck, at the rate things were moving, even if we got started first thing in the morning on Sunday and had no delays we'd all be leaving the track after dark ---- and that's with nothing going wrong.

What would you do in his shoes? Someone's going to be pissed no matter what your decision. Keep the racers around to mid day on Sunday and still not get to race & see how many pissed folks you've got on your hands. I know that I would not have been happy if I had to take an extra day off work to not get to race on Sunday. All you can do is look at the rain continuing to move in on radar, go on the forecast, what the promoter is saying, and try to make the best decision you can.

FWIW Smitty did not have a flight - this is a rumor that got started in the pits and got out of control. Smitty drove to the event with his family - according to Smitty.

The 50% refund to those who didn't even get to run their heat was BS. However, if you asked, you could get a "free pass" to the KY race instead.

Rain sucks at the races. We're all frustrated, especially after last year. All we can do is remain positive & hope that foul weather doesn't screw up any more events this season -- or start running indoor events only. Posting negativity on public messageboards does little but cause things to fester and helps to poison others who otherwise might not be participating in the negativity.

FWIW, I hope the WPSA doesn't further split things up like they've done in MX. Personally I think it sucks that the pros are split up between the MX series's. The WPSA still has a lot to prove. They could be gone tomorrow if the $$$ aren't there. The ATVA has been here and will be here - like it or not. I'm sure everyone was thrilled with the ATVA/AMA back when they first started having nationals as well. I'm confident that given time, if the WPSA is still around, there will be plenty to b!tch about with them too.

racinggrl5
06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I said things needed to be changed last year after all the BS with smitty and atva at the beginning of the season! Things do need to be changed and it sure doesnt look like its going to be changed anytime soon. Whats real funny tho is that last year at texas they called the races according to the heat race because the track was too ruff after the massive rain but then they let the classes that didnt get to run a heat, go head and race their heats. Which that wasnt safe and very fair, but now we get rained out on sat evening and smitty and atva wants to say the hell with it and basically screw the people that didnt even get to race. This events are not being held very professional if you ask me. Like I said before these are national events, highest level of the sport- you should get the races in when you can even if it rows over the the next day or the following day.

brian foltz 8
06-27-2007, 07:56 PM
No matter what happened at this race, the fact is it happened and zac's dad said it best. Rules are rules and should be followed by all. If Sunday is the rain date then a rule should be put in place so no one can call the race until Sunday. All of us spent too much time and money to just donate it to Mr. Nace.If the plane ticket was a problem for some , I suggest they learn not to book it for Sat. nite. We should not have to pay for that mistake. If this promoter does not have what it takes to put on a race the ATVA should at some point get the hint.

Karen Foltz
Brian"s mom

schl48
06-28-2007, 11:49 AM
actually we can quit complaining about everything except the atva.remember we pay for are membership and we pay people to make sure this doesn't happen. why can dick hetrick become a promotor and his first national have everything that could go wrong go wrong (rain) and still pull off one of the best races ever. i mean people are comparing round7 to astrabula probably are best race if it doesn't rain. maybe we just need to pay new people to manage our organation or just hire promotors like rich and michelle.

dvxxx400
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
I just e-mailed my thoughts about the state of the series to Mr Morris, and i encourage all of you to do the same. Have everybody you know e-mail him and keep doing it until we recieve some response or see some changes. and for you couple of guy's that are going to respond to this by saying that this will do nothing to help, well... thats what they want. you have to apply pressure to move an object. Don't You?

C-LEIGH RACING
06-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by dvxxx400
I just e-mailed my thoughts about the state of the series to Mr Morris, and i encourage all of you to do the same. Have everybody you know e-mail him and keep doing it until we recieve some response or see some changes. and for you couple of guy's that are going to respond to this by saying that this will do nothing to help, well... thats what they want. you have to apply pressure to move an object. Don't You?

Thats right, squeekie wheel always gets the greese & it make a difference in saying something to, you dont beleave it just go to any court room in this country & which ever side has the most to say normally wins.
Neil

86atc250r
06-28-2007, 01:36 PM
DID ANYONE ACTUALLY TALK TO SMITTY?

WE DID. He did not have a flight, he drove.

QUIT SPREADING BUNK RUMORS. It does nothing but piss people off unnecessarily.

If he lied to us, that's one thing - but quit hanging the guy because your buddy's sister was standing near the promoter and thought she heard that something about an airplane.....

By the way - while you're blaming Smitty for "waiting until everyone got there to collect their money" ---- DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO GETS THAT MONEY? It's not the ATVA or Smitty --- it's the promoter. Ever wonder why different races run differently? It's because the promoter runs the show, not Smitty or the ATVA. Smitty is there as a ref - an official to interpret the rules in regards to riders, the Promoter actually operates the event.

The promoter pays for the venue, the purse, insurance, related event expenses, etc -- he collects the entry fees, gate fees, practice fees, pit bike fees, etc - NOT THE ATVA.

The ATVA gets yearly membership fees and I believe they collect insurance money for the event - I'm not sure where Smitty's payment comes from but don't even think for a minute he's getting rich on the deal, his payment probably doesn't even cover his travel expense.

Go easy on the guy - he's not doing this job for the money, remember that....

Sure would be nice if someone would talke the time to get the facts before getting all tweaked out, spreading false info, and pissing everyone else off in the process. This is not good for our sport, not good for attracting new riders, not good for anyone.

86atc250r
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
SMITTY DID NOT GET YOUR MONEY - STEVE NACE DID.

Want a further example?

We didn't get to run one of our heat races at all - we were offered a 50% refund for that class by Steve Nace's crew (not Smitty's crew - he doesn't have one). We told them that wasn't acceptable -- eventually we were offered a free pass to the Paducah event instead. Guess who the promoter for the Paducah event is.

Smitty Slithering off? I was in the infield the whole duration of the scoring fiasco - Smitty was accessible for almost the whole duration - I did see him blow off a couple particularly unreasonable people, but if you're going to be unreasonable, that's to be expected.

Just like here on this messageboard, there were people freaking out about rumors they heard already, without getting the facts. The best policy is to remain calm until there is something to freak out about - you get a lot more accomplished that way.

ZWILLETT47
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Years ago, when the MX and TT series were split, the TT races were set-up for Sundays as rain dates. This week, ATVA received several e-mails and phone calls from concerned racers. Most of the e-mails and discusions were from people wanting to resolve a problem. They were not blaming or pointing fingers they wanted to improve our series. Because of these few racers this issue will be resolved before Danville and we will not have to worry about races being called on Saturday in the future.

Neil wants to stay until the race is run whether that's Monday or Tuesday....this will not happen.

This issue is getting resolved because of a few were willing to addressed it with the proper people not because of any of these postings. Airing our dirty laundry did not resolve this issue nor will it ever solve problems we may have….Trust me!

86atc250r
06-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Good post Dave.

I don't think people will ever learn that posting a bunch of negativity doesn't help anything - it only encourages bad attitudes & makes potential racers think twice about racing....

ZWILLETT47
06-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by RedneckRacing18
ok then give me the right info and e-mail phone numbers what ever will do

General Information: ATVA@ATVAonline.com
ATVA News: Editor@ATVAonline.com
Member Services: MemberServices@ATVAonline.com
Government Relations: Rights@ATVAonline.com
Product sales: ATVAgear@ATVAonline.com
ATVA Director, Doug Morris: dmorris@ATVAonline.com

Phone: (866) ATVA-JOIN (288-2564)
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday