PDA

View Full Version : The Spartan: June 9&10

underpowered
05-07-2007, 11:26 PM
who all is goin to the GNCC in sparta KY?

i am tryin to decide whether to race or not. Will 400ex (one in sig) make the whole race on one tank of fuel? any tips, pointers? io went and watched last year, thought it would be cool to try. it would be the first organized race for me. probably gonna race it and the iron man, they are the two closest for me.

pats2007450er
05-08-2007, 12:16 AM
yea i am going to try it.i live two and a half hours away.i like the mid-south hare scrambles and the kentucky series.my buddy won the kentucky series.he is running pro am at the GNCC.how far do you live from the race,and where do you live in ky.one tank is fine.what is your setup on your quad.you ever raced woods before.you will like it.just ride smooth and smart.try to hold on tight with your legs and that will help you from getting arm pump so bad.:macho

smr
05-08-2007, 05:30 AM
I plan on being there.

underpowered
05-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by pats2007450er
yea i am going to try it.i live two and a half hours away.i like the mid-south hare scrambles and the kentucky series.my buddy won the kentucky series.he is running pro am at the GNCC.how far do you live from the race,and where do you live in ky.one tank is fine.what is your setup on your quad.you ever raced woods before.you will like it.just ride smooth and smart.try to hold on tight with your legs and that will help you from getting arm pump so bad.:macho

i live only about an hour away, i ive in northern KY, just south of ohio. i will probably be running 20+ C class, i have never raced anywhere before. the quad is in the sig. here is a pic of it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/PICT3791.jpg

pats2007450er
05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
here's my setup.i have douglas ultimate billet front rims (not pictured).i tried to go between to tree's in third gear and hit both tree's.i pancaked both rims bad and bent a tie rod and my axle.got it all fixed and ready to go.

jimmy7120
05-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Sparta would be a good first race. I raced there last year and the track was nothing to difficult. There were no big hills, just a few sloppy ones out of creek crossings.

The ironman is a little more diffiicult than sparta due to the big hill climbs. Usually a couple bigs ones up and down as well.

If you ride your own pace and dont try to due what you dont think you can you will be fine.

I should be at both. I also race 20+ c

Jimmy

underpowered
05-09-2007, 12:46 AM
i watched at sparta last year, and am familiar with the terrain of the area.

and the hill at the iron man is why i want to race it. hills are what i love, can't wait to get to ride em.

i do not plan to do great at a race, but think i can hold my own. i am just goin out to have fun and see how i do. the way it is ilooking i will probably race if i do not tear up my bike before hand.

pats2007450er
05-09-2007, 12:49 AM
yea your right if you go out there and all pumped up and over due it you will end up in a tree or breaking your quad.just run smooth,smart,fast,and pick good line's.dont forget every second counts.

underpowered
05-09-2007, 12:55 AM
yeah, i have gotten pretty good at picking a line after riding without a skid plate for a year lol. got one now though.

pace is key from what i have been told. go fast, but know your limits. my brother crahsed out two years ago becuase he tried to keep pace with a much faster guy. i hope i don't make that mistake. i am gonna try to get in as much riding time as possible between now and then to get my stamina up.

pats2007450er
05-09-2007, 01:51 AM
yea your right not having a skid sucks.you have to look out for big rocks and every thing and that will slow you down big time but now you have one you wont have to worry about busting your motor.yea i have the same problem.i will try to hang with people in other class's but some time's it help's and some time's you end up with a DNF.