yes

daddio
05-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
yes

Thanks...........

CannondaleRider
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Haha.....what are you talking about Todd?

daddio
05-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Haha.....what are you talking about Todd?

I was asked at a local event if using reverse was "legal". This came up in MX years ago, and it was ruled illegal, but I couldn't find it anywhere in anybody's rules except this....... Posted on the WORCS website.

A. Race vehicle traveling on the racecourse in the reverse direction of
the race, at any time: Disqualification.

I would like to know for future reference, if it is acceptable or not.

CannondaleRider
05-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh, ok......Question just sounded wierd without knowledge of what you were actually talking about.

I think if you plow into a tree, and have a race quad with reverse(kinda odd to say), then I don't think they would go crazy about you reversing out of it, lol

firefighterjosh
05-14-2007, 06:21 PM
I think the rule means you are racing the course backwards. Kinda like when you play the nascar game on play station and you drive in reverse to make a big crash:D

05Z400rdr
05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
I really don't think that it's illegal...especially this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A. Race vehicle traveling on the racecourse in the reverse direction of
the race, at any time: Disqualification.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...that doesnt sound right. cuz imagine..people get caught up with other people and spin out all the time and things where they aer "backwards" on the track....thats like saying, if you spin out, your dq'ed....yeah right. lol

daddio
05-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I agree that it is a very poorly thought out rule, that opens the door for different interpretations.
I think the only place where having (and using) reverse would be a real advantage would be at a GNCC type event where you have alot of "creative" lines through the woods.
But say you were coming into your pits and went past your pit, stopped and put it into reverse and backed up to your pit stall. It would be very easy for you to be hit by someone going to their pit, and not realizing you were backing up.