PDA

View Full Version : FI Light On....HELP

Romp013
05-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Here are the facts....2007 LTR450
I installed a cherry bomb, removed lid and SA and everything was fine. Then I installed a Pro Design intake and Pro Armor Kill switch (tapped into the white wire above the countershaft sprocket) and the FI light was on solid the next time I started the bike, but it ran perfectly fine for about an hour of racing. I tried disconnecting the kill switch as well and that didnt solve the problem, so I reconnected it in order to race. I have tried most of the fixes that I have read on the forum, such as checking coolant level in the radiator as well as the bottle, and disconnected the battery for a few minutes in an attempt to clear out the memory (if that is even possible). Anyone have any other ideas, if not I will be forced to take it to the local dealer who doesnt know anything about quads and will most likely tell me its due to the aftermarket parts most likely.

LTR450_#67
05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Check your fuel and see if it is low. Maybe when your LTR got assembled it got the indicator lights switched around. I have seen this before. Let me know what you find out.

Aaron

Romp013
05-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I checked that already, forget to mention that...I also tried turning the petcock all the way off, then back on...someone mentioned that on here so i figured its easy to try...no luck though.

LTR450_#67
05-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Take your cherry bomb out and see if it goes off. If it doesn't go off, that means the ECU has not recieved one of the signals from one of the sensors. So if thats the case go over all of your connections and see if you have a loose connection. See if you come up with something.

Aaron

Romp013
05-08-2007, 06:56 PM
No luck with the cherry bomb and I checked every plug on the bike (unplugged, made sure it was clean, and plugged back in) and the light will not go off. Any other suggestions??? Looks like I may me heading to the dealer soon.

LTR450_#67
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Sorry man but it sounds like you quad is running in "Fail Safe" mode. That means the quad isn't getting a signal from either the air intake pressure (IAP) sensor, the throttle position sensor, the engine coolant temp. sensor, the intake air temp sensor or the gear position signal. It will run at minimum performance.
I got my info from the SUZUKI service manual and it says you'll need to take it to the Dealer to get it looked at.

That sucks....

Aaron