PDA

View Full Version : My favorite thing about Breezewood!!!

quad2xtreme
05-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Let me start by saying I am always stoked when I get back from a weekend at Breezewood...

Without a doubt, my favorite thing about Breezewood isn't how I feel when I am on the track but how I feel the next few days after riding. After riding Friday for 2 hrs, Saturday for 5 hours, and Sunday for 3 hours, I am not sore at all. I did the Uphill 65' about a dozen times and finally went for and landed the uphill triple (about 20 times). Dan knows how to build a lander and how to make it as safe as possible if you come up short. I am almost 43 and I can tell you the body doesn't take the jolts as well when you hit your 40s. Every time I go to another track, I only hit jumps 1/2 the size and I am so sore the next several days. I could never ride other tracks 2 days in a row. So many track builders build do-or-die jumps that hurt like he!! if you come up short. Dan is the Man!!!

Every track change that you have seen posted on this site or the BPG site has been an improvement!!! I think everyone can expect more too over the summer. Dan just got a new water truck and dump truck.

I would rather spend extra time in the car traveling and being pain free the next several days than ride an hour from my house and feel it for 2 days.

My second favorite thing about Breezewood (and I hesitate to post this for fear of losing my place to sleep) is staying in the cabins. Nothing like having a private bathroom in the middle of the night, a private shower, heat or air conditioning, and a bed to sleep in.

The only bummer about this trip was Dan wasn't up to riding yet. Dan still needs some mechanical assistance to get from Point A to Point B. He managed to use the golf cart to get around and even got to drive the new water truck.

Hope to see everyone there at the next ATVriders weekend.
/Jon

wvspeedfreak
05-07-2007, 08:55 PM
We were there all day Saturday and left Sunday morning.I probably saw you somewhere along the line and didn't realize you were a site member or I would have introduced myself :)

Rootar
05-07-2007, 08:59 PM
man all this great stuff happening to breezewood i wish i could come up and ride just once, ill have to save up and make it my summer vaction trip before college starts back in late august, only problem is the 20+ hour drive and the gas bill to get there and back i gotta find a group from here to make the trip with me and split the bill and us all rent a cabin or sumthin.

hows the weather up there the end of july and early august??????:)

insaneracin2003
05-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
man all this great stuff happening to breezewood i wish i could come up and ride just once, ill have to save up and make it my summer vaction trip before college starts back in late august, only problem is the 20+ hour drive and the gas bill to get there and back i gotta find a group from here to make the trip with me and split the bill and us all rent a cabin or sumthin.

hows the weather up there the end of july and early august??????:)
Ross,let me know when you are ready to head up there,I'll split the costs with ya. I might not have anything to ride but I love watching and just being at the track. I might have a dirt bike by then though, untill I can get my hands on a quad.

dan harris
05-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Quad to Extreme: Thanks for the post ! It was great seeing you and Connie againg. Glad you liked all the new changes and didn't end up too sore. You made the uphill tripple look easy, great riding on Saturday. Hope you can make the trip up from North Carolina again soon when I'm able to ride.

Rootar: Wow 20 hours is a long trip!! If your serious about getting a group together, we can set you up with a real good deal for traveling so far. As long as you have 10 riders staying in the cabin, I will discount it by however much you spend on gas on the way here? Hope that helps. We'd enjoy having you.

moto04racing
05-08-2007, 10:40 AM
im gonna try to get out there one day.. its like 7 hours from me.

insaneracin2003
05-08-2007, 11:15 AM
from my house is like 23hrs...that is why it is taking me a while to get up that way.