PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting out of racing

firefighterjosh
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Well I am 22 years old I feel like I am 60.

Went to the doc for my knees. He says I just have bad knees. I tore the ligiments out of one of them a while ago. everyonce in a while it will just give and I fall down (kinda funny) the doc says its heratitary (sp?) I put a lift on a truck the other day and I woke up in the morining with my knees still burning. I started taking this shark pill crap. Suppose to help lube your joints or something.

Also I spend alot of money on my quad/race fees, gas ect. Kinda hurting my house savings account.

Kinda sucks. I am sitting first in points in my Local series. Just figured out what kinda quad I like to race. I think I may finish out the season. maybe skip a few races if possible. Maybe get into a new hobby once I get a house bought.

But don't get me wrong I will still keep my quad and go riding when possible. Just don't think I can keep racing/riding as hard as i did.

thanks I kinda needed to vent it out.

QuadJunkies
05-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I do feel your pain..
Like you said, go ahead and finish out the rest of your season or you will kick yourself for that later.
Racing is very rewarding but can be very hard on your body as well.
Just stay involved with recreational riding and try to remember your roots of why you got into riding in the 1st place.
Thats what Im trying to do.

parkers30
05-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Thats what I am doing right now. My main racing partner got in a pretty bad accident last year and his wife won't let him race anymore. In the end I don't know how people afford to race all the time. The gas and entry fees alone are staggering. I may race one or two this spring, but I just don't think it is worth all the extra money over just riding for the fun of it.

ATC_KING
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
keep racing.. i have been told that if it makes you money sooner or later it will make you lots. i would keep racing but im only turning 16 and i feel great. i know if i dont ride for a week or more then i get on my ATC my body the next day hurts.

hope you get better and still racing

firefighterjosh
05-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't think it will ever make me money.

I may still race everyonce in a while but not nearly as mush as I used too. I am thinking of getting into a driving hobby. maybe build up a rhino or make my truck a pre runner

MO-EX-RIDER
05-08-2007, 07:56 PM
i know where your at josh. im to the same point but keep pushing my self to at least finish up the season! altough i only race the state series i cant imagine how much a national rider is "shell"-ing out:D :D plus its like after every race i have to order this or fix that etc.....my #1 sponsor this year is visa unfortunately:huh

but in your case get the house because it is a win-win situation and get back to racing when settled...and honestly buying a home will save you $$, believe it or not:eek2:

m.h.s.c.#527
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Grant, with as much money as u got in that 400 if u quit racing id proboly hurt u

firefighterjosh
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
i know where your at josh. im to the same point but keep pushing my self to at least finish up the season! altough i only race the state series i cant imagine how much a national rider is "shell"-ing out:D :D plus its like after every race i have to order this or fix that etc.....my #1 sponsor this year is visa unfortunately:huh

but in your case get the house because it is a win-win situation and get back to racing when settled...and honestly buying a home will save you $$, believe it or not:eek2:

Ya capitol one has been supporting my gas and breakible parts. I don't need to put any more on there.

Yup I have money for a nice down payment for a house. Trying to get my truck paid off, then I will start in on a new project. I am one of those kinda ppl. I always need a project to work on