PDA

View Full Version : paintball gun/marker

05-07-2007, 05:57 AM
where i work, some of us work a 12 hour/ 3 day a week shift. we have all gotten to be good friends and do a lot together on our days off...hunt, fish, golf...etc, etc. in a few weeks we are going back to a "normal" 8 hour/5 day a week schedule and will be working on different shifts so the group has decided to have one last hurrah before we are split up...golf in the morning and paintball at the one guys camp in the afternoon, ending with a drunken cookout...

here is the thing...some have had experience with paintball but most have not...i am looking for a cheap but worthy gun for this...what do you paintballers suggest? this will probably be the one and only time i use it so it will be for sale after i buy it...

any input will be suggested...but remeber it will be used only once so i am not looking to spend too much adn must be something i could get a good deal of my money back for afterwards...

one thing i should mention is that there is plenty of safety gear for us to use, as well as guns, but i would feel more comfortable using my own gun

CRich[814]
05-07-2007, 07:34 AM
tippmann 98 custom.

05-07-2007, 08:19 AM
good start...might be a little more than what i want to pay for a one time deal, but ya never know...does anybody know anything about the tippman triumph?

DF400ex
05-07-2007, 08:54 AM
For a one time use gun just go to Dicks or Wal*Mart and get one. Just look for a semi-auto with at least a 20oz tank or two. You'll probably need at least 1500 balls for whole afternoon of paint. Do not get one that you have to pump, cuz they suck. You should probably get one with around a 10-14 inch barrel, that way you can reach out a little farther with out a huge long sniper barrel.

This One (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5606788) is pretty good. You'll need another tank or 2 though. They sell them right next to them in the store.

This one here (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5223250) is really good to. But again you'll need more than a 9oz tank.

Either way it'll be fun. Who knows, you just might like it enough to keep the gun. Buy a whole kit because it's cheaper.

Personally, I'd buy from Wal*Mart because they have the best return policy. Lets say you weren't "satisfied" with the gun after you play, you can just take it back and loose no money. Just do not destroy the packaging, scratch up the gun too much ( a little tape will protect it from that) and save your receipt. Now I'm not telling you to take it back after you use it cuz you don't want it any more. But if you weren't "completely satisfied" with it and slightly under-exaggerated how much you used it, I'm sure they would take it back no prob, lol.

gotwarrior
05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
I have mine for sale.. I haven't played in about a year.. So here it is and it also comes with two 20oz bottles..

05-07-2007, 09:15 AM
sent ya a pm got warrior...

interesting thought there df400ex...my mother works at wallyworld so i may have her pick me one up and get her 10% off...

05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
what would be a reasonable price for the one pictered by gotwarrior above?

Ghost-Rider
05-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Meh, assuming no major mods, $100-160 ? its an older one as can be seen by the gills, but iv seen 98 custom packs w/mask tank hopper and all for under $200 so ....and just find a 98 custom, it will be fine for your needs.

05-07-2007, 02:26 PM
with what he told me he had done to it, it was out of my price range...i am thinking the tippman custom 98 power pack from walmart is going to be what i buy...along with a 20 oz co2 bottle or 2...then after next tuesday, they will be for sale...at least that is the plan for right now

Mean250r
05-07-2007, 02:42 PM
if you buy a spyder, when you go to resell it, you are not gunna get more then 50 bucks out of it. I would recomend a tippman 98 i guess. The ION is the best cheap gun, 200 bucks, and it keeps up with 1000$ + guns.

fatkid400
05-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
tippmann 98 custom.

HE// YEAH!!!!
Just bought a 98 custum pro....Cant wait to wack somone with this thing.It seems like it'll leave a mark:devil: