PDA

View Full Version : top end (rebuild)

lilrohito
05-06-2007, 10:47 PM
well i went a really long time without riding my EX and i let my good ol' cousin ride it and they opened it up on the highway and came back to my house on foot . the EX locked up and when i tore it down the piston had a smack peice missing and so does the sleeve . i get my new sleeve , piston ,gaskets ,rings , clips , etc.. (all oem) back tommorow and im sending the piston,sleeve and cylinder to the machine shop to be resleeve once i get them back i will install the piston , cylinder , top end and what not. i have used contact cleaner and carb cleaner and multiple times clean the head and everything and flushed the bottem end free of any metal particles (it seems to me if i took what metal was missing from piston and sleeve and rings i've possessed and just awwed over ) am i ready to fire up once rebuild is finished ? any suggestions greatly needed . im no engine expert but i can figure things out mostly . tks josh

lilrohito
05-06-2007, 10:53 PM
and let me add , if one takes the cam take and spins it , the rod and everything in bottem spins smoothly every spin no rough sounds what so ever . aso before i took it apart i thought i just blew my rings because it was just low on comp. when i tried to start it .

KeHall
05-07-2007, 10:19 PM
as long as u got all metal out u would b fine when rebuild is over 1 thing u might want to do is go get some cheap oil fill the case up and pull the drain plug and shack the quad back and forth while draing and if anything left should fal out to b safe when u put the cam chain on and u r adj it make sure the slack is on the tensiner sid just take your time and u cand do it not to hard