PDA

View Full Version : Electrical prob

braybray08
05-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey today i was jetting my carb and i was changing the clip postion on my needle so i had to take my carb out and i was unconnecting the throttle postion sensor and the wires just pulled out :angryfire: so i looked up the price for one... i about fell outta my chair when i read how much they were $164 bux :shocker: Its only a wire and a end on it and its that much its ridiculious anyways, i was wondering if there was anyway to bypass it cuz i dont need it anyway cuz i have a yz450f twist throttle on it and doesnt need that switch. Please help I have a big race this weekend ( The Penton, GNCC)

jshtex
05-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Well I have good news and bad news for you....

First off the TPS doesn't have anything to do with the throttle, thats the TORS switch. The TPS tells the CDI when the carb is at WOT and it changes the advance in accordance. So the fact that your running a different throttle really doesn't matter.

The good news is there are folks who run with the TPS unpluged all the time, and you can certainly disconnect it and try that yourself. I think the only downside would be that the CDI would think you are always at WOT and you might lose a little bottom end grunt, you may not even notice it, and it won't hurt anything to try it.

You can always go back and get a new one later if you want.