PDA

View Full Version : Possible axle/rear hub problem...

Glamis400ex
05-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I have an LSR +4 axle and for some reason the left hub keeps coming loose not matter how much I tighten it. The right is great...no probs. So, I wanted to see how bad it was. I loosened the castle nut and removed it. I took the tire and was able to rock it back and forth on the splines pretty good. There seems to be alot of play, maybe 1/2" to and fro. I took the right tire/hub off and put it on the left spline to see if it was the hub or splines crapping out and to my surprise, it rocked back and forth pretty good to, even though the right side NEVER comes loose.

So, are the axle splines and hub supposed to have ANY freeplay whatsoever? I'm guessing it's a combination of the two just wearing out and causing freeplay.

Here's my last question, I think I want to go with an RPM this time. Is there any advantage to getting a 250r or 400ex splined axle? Ones 24 and ones 25 slpines. I'm planning on getting new hubs for the new axle so I'm buying both for sure. Is the Dominator 1 or 2 better?

BTW...Janssen Motorsports has a NIB 400ex Dominator on Ebay for $295 shipped. That sound like a pretty good deal?

Thanks