View Full Version : carnage on my new hybrid

Rootar
05-06-2007, 07:07 PM
this sucked, i was passing for first place going over a double right before the second turn and the guy who got the holeshot went up the middle so i went to the far out side, there was a good bike width between us as we went off the jump, and some how he cut over right infront of me in the air, (jumped across the jump instead of straight) and landed right in front of me my front tires landed on his rear tires and i was going alot faster than he was and then my rear tire shot off his and off the 12 foot berm i went in fourth gear :( hit the ground and see my new bike barrel rolling thru the air at me i balled up and the nerf bar busted my helmet and i took out my hiper with my shoulder:huh it tweaked my flip top sub, broke the grab bar, and was no worse for the wear so i thought, i got up and finished the moto one lap down.

Rootar
05-06-2007, 07:18 PM
well second moto came around and i had checked over the bike and swaped grabars and settled for a back of the pack start becasue i was hurting pretty bad and didnt really feel like bumping wheels. so i was picking people off pretty easy and the third lap i launched off the ski jump right before the finishline jump and busted my top left a-arm when i was in 3rd (we are thinking hit had taken a good lick in the crash earlier and just decided to give out alittle later) but i tryed to hold off but i ended up losing one postion becasue i couldnt jump and could barely keep it on the track.

ugh this is jsut disgusting and i cant get a replacement of any sort so i have to drop it off tomorrow to have two new top arms custom made at zebs machine shop (protrxrptr17)

what an expensive weekend for a 7th place :( and i lost my 10 point lead int he points standing now im either barley in 1st or maybe in second now.

Rootar
05-06-2007, 07:24 PM
here is about 3 seconds before the top arm went.

whoamack22
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
sorry to hear that man, but looks like you have yourself a sick hybrid now

BlaineKaiser450
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
that sounds knarly!!! I hate crashing not because i get hurt( i heal up pretty quick) but because it just destroys the bike and it sucks up all the money ive saved for aftermarket stuff by needing repairs.

Rootar
05-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by whoamack22
sorry to hear that man, but looks like you have yourself a sick hybrid now

yea i got TWO sick hybrids now haha i pick up my 400ex framed one on tuesday, and im building the motor myself as i type (taking a snack break) i got finish this waterpump assembly then get to bed i got finals tomorrow and then im done with highschool forever :D

btw i heard you traded your yfz for a car eric whats up with that?

A A R O N
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
well second moto came around and i had checked over the bike and swaped grabars and settled for a back of the pack start becasue i was hurting pretty bad and didnt really feel like bumping wheels. so i was picking people off pretty easy and the third lap i launched off the ski jump right before the finishline jump and busted my top left a-arm when i was in 3rd (we are thinking hit had taken a good lick in the crash earlier and just decided to give out alittle later) but i tryed to hold off but i ended up losing one postion becasue i couldnt jump and could barely keep it on the track.

ugh this is jsut disgusting and i cant get a replacement of any sort so i have to drop it off tomorrow to have two new top arms custom made at zebs machine shop (protrxrptr17)

what an expensive weekend for a 7th place :( and i lost my 10 point lead int he points standing now im either barley in 1st or maybe in second now.

That shock looks like it might be tweaked:ermm:

400exMO
05-07-2007, 08:09 PM
That sucks. How much is zebs machine shop charging you for the new aarms?

Rootar
05-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
That shock looks like it might be tweaked:ermm:

shocks has alread been pulled and checked i guess that was jsut an odd angle pic, they are get revavled and resprung by zeb also but for now just gonna get him to build the top arms, then after he gets his ktm/raptor back up and running ill let him do all shocks. they didnt get serviced during the rebuild before i bought it so they are getting redone too.

whoamack22
05-07-2007, 09:28 PM
yea man it sucks, but i needed a car to go to college, if you know anyone that is gettin rid of a yfz motor let me know, i need one it can be blown,