PDA

View Full Version : Riding boots...HELP

Sportrax 400EX
10-14-2002, 01:41 PM
I just for a set of Fox Tracker boots. My question is this. How can I get them to loosen up. They are so stiff I can't hardly shift with them on. I rode this weekend and ended up taking them off after 20 mins because I kept mis-shifting. Any advice would be awesome.

D.

Wired
10-14-2002, 01:53 PM
they just have to be broke in. the more you ride them, the more you'll get used to them and love em. thats the only advice i can give ya. it takes a few good rides for them to become comfertable, but trust me... once you get used to the boots, you'll never want to ride without them. thier probably the best investment for riding gear other then a helmet and gloves!

Sportrax 400EX
10-14-2002, 02:01 PM
Anything I can do to help with shifting until they break in? I can't feel when I'm on the shifter and I kept kicking it into the next gear or mis shifting with them. Should I oil them and wear them around the house? I just don't want to wear out my clutch before they break in. Thanks for the help!

D.

AtvMxRider
10-14-2002, 02:05 PM
I have fox trackers also. Just wear them around the house or the yard that's what I did. I also had to adjust my shifter.

TheX1992
10-14-2002, 03:32 PM
dont quote me on this but try going up and down stairs....since you mostly use your ankle as support if the stairs are narrow, thats the movement you need. i dont know try it its just my 0.02

10-14-2002, 03:36 PM
It justs takes a little getting used to and some break in time. I had the same crap happen to me. It is frustrating, but soon you will learn to like em.

AtvMxRider
10-14-2002, 03:41 PM
Yeah it is weird when you first start riding with them it takes some getting used to. After I got used to mine I would never ride without them. The trackers are a good boot the buckles kinda suck though and all the little nails came out of the toes caps the first couple rides.

own2424
10-14-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by atvrider96
Yeah it is weird when you first start riding with them it takes some getting used to. After I got used to mine I would never ride without them. The trackers are a good boot the buckles kinda suck though and all the little nails came out of the toes caps the first couple rides. Yea, hes right. Just go break them in by wearing them around in the house and running and stuff. After you get used to riding with boots, youll never want to ride without them. My friends have these boots, and one of the buckles broke and the "steel Toe" thing in the front does come off!