PDA

View Full Version : new whip,

mine
05-06-2007, 05:31 PM
any body mnt. bke

yellowzo3
05-06-2007, 06:05 PM
nice bike!..anything done to it yet?...i have a bighit..im just getting into it so i dont know everything yet...its a pain learning all the repair tricks, maintenance, different parts, and names of the parts all over again haha...its pretty fun though. one thing ive learned so far is that you have to keep everything super clean, well oiled and lubed, and always be on top of maintenance. kind of the same as with quads, but the bikes seem to be more picky, and have to be adjusted just right or they wont work well. parts are cheaper than quads for the most part haha...but chains, freewheels, derailler cables, and cassettes seem to go bad fairly often from what ive seen on pinkbike.com ...check that site out if you havent already...alot of good info there! my names yellowz03 over there...i dont post much but go on it a few times a day.

Conman007
05-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Thats a cool looking bike. What kind is it. I might be a mnt. Bike thats fairly cheap any recomadations for anything.

yellowzo3
05-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Conman, there are many different kinds. there are hardtails, DH (downhill) full suspension bikes, XC full suspension bikes, DJ (dirt jump) bikes that use 24 inch wheels and have single crown forks in the front. it depends what you want to do with the bike and how serious you want to get into it. if you buy used i recommend looking at it in person if possible and riding it around.

Conman007
05-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I wouldnt be that serious on it considering I live in Florida. But I ride on trails with logs, roots, rivers, small jumps ect. Im only 13 so I need a smaller sized bike. I was looking at the Gaints and Specilized.

yellowzo3
05-06-2007, 06:59 PM
those are both reputable brands so no worries there...norco is also good and you can find them fairly easily. some of them have serious pricetags though. im 5'7'' and i think the size small are even big. so depending on how tall you are and how you like your bikes to fit will tell you what size to get. your best bet is to go to your local bike shop and have them fit you on a bike. this will ensure your not wasting your money on a bike that wont fit you. we have to have an idea on your price range to help you out with which bikes to choose from. also let us know which speciaized and giant bikes you were looking at so we can check out what your looking for.

05-06-2007, 08:19 PM
heres mine. i should actually clean it. its real dirty right now lol

mine
05-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I actually paid about 750 for mine, but it's deffinetly the best $750 i've spent lately.

Sjorge450R
05-07-2007, 08:07 PM
do you take it over any sweet jumps :confused:

lol. Sorry i just had to. Nice bike tho. I used to ride a GT BMX bike until i got stolen.:(

CRich[814]
05-07-2007, 08:19 PM
i have a gary fisher RIG (bmx) that rocks my ballsack all day long. and i have a gary fisher mamba (mtb), but i havent ridden it since the week i got it.

Toadz400
05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
I used to ride a GT BMX bike until i got stolen.:(

Did they ever find you?

derekhonda
05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Did they ever find you?
hahaha....

Sjorge450R
05-08-2007, 04:11 AM