PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem after trailering?

GearHeadz400ex
05-06-2007, 04:56 PM
alright so a buddy of mine just picked up his first quad (87 banshee) we went out and got it just yesterday, started up first kick during test run and did the same each time we shut it off... got it home... nothing... changed plugs... nothing... finally decided to pull start it and we got it going (really needed to clean it out). shut it off, turns back on first kick. So today we get to the riding spot, pull it off the trailer... nothing... pull start it, run it... runs fine the rest of the day with many occasions of turning it off... put it back on the trailer and bring it home... pull it off... nothing. Basically we know it will start pull starting it after being on the trailer. Anybody know what this would be? also gas was off during the trailering.

bansheerider4
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
my friend had this problem happen to him...so he got a new stator and changed all the wiring and it starts perfectly now....

firefighterjosh
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Turn off your gas when you travel. The bump prally makes the floats jump around and let the fuel in

GearHeadz400ex
05-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Turn off your gas when you travel. The bump prally makes the floats jump around and let the fuel in
It was off

thanks bansheerider4

firefighterjosh
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by GearHeadz400ex
It was off

thanks bansheerider4

hmmm what ratio of fuel/oil is he running

GearHeadz400ex
05-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
hmmm what ratio of fuel/oil is he running
32:1 buttt what we did just find out today is that the guy that he bought it off of was only running 89 octane in it so hes flushing the tank tonight and starting over... so we'll see what happens tomorrow after he goes and gets oil and stuff.

400exrider989
05-06-2007, 09:41 PM
89 octain is pretty low that may be the problem but i still dont see why you cant kick it over but i guess we'll find out

GearHeadz400ex
05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
yeah he flushed the tank, got a new fuel filter, and mixed the gas, hopefully tomorrow we'll try to start/pull start it and than go from there... we'll see what happens

if anybody else knows what could be wrong don't be shy...

firefighterjosh
05-07-2007, 07:33 PM
AIf that doesen't help

Check the reed vavles. make sure they seal all the way around