PDA

View Full Version : buying techniques?

450raider
05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
im just curious as to if some of you could tell me ways to not get ripped off when i get a ltr in about 2 weeks? now this aint by far my first purchase but if i posted how much money ive got ripped for bending backwards a little bit it would sound like a joke, so can some people tell me how youve got a fair price? like what you tell the salesman (also if the same salesman also owns the shop, yup its a small town and only 2 zuke dealers ) and stuff like that?

thanks

450raider
05-07-2007, 05:13 PM
come on now, surely someone has done or said something wacky or zany to end up with a good deal?

and on a side note i was serious when i said theres this one dealership (the only zuke one) where this salesman/ part owner always gives me sass when i come in (ive went there a few times to look at a z400), theyve got the "buy something or leave" attitude so when i go back and if it happens again who might i get ahold of to get that fella in a little trouble?

bmennen07
05-07-2007, 06:23 PM
id just be like...well... I have $6000 in my pocket but just because of you and your attitude, Im not going to buy.

lol idk all I can think of.

05-07-2007, 06:32 PM
usually when you by something new they cant change the price by very much. If it was used then you could pull all kind of moves. Try and buy the previous year and look for flaws in the bike. I know a guy that got a 03 RM 250 for 2800 (the 05s were out) and he found a tear in the graphics, etc... hope this helps

firefighterjosh
05-07-2007, 06:39 PM
This is how I bought my king.

1st: I looked up all the suzuki dealers within 50 miles of my house

2nd: I called each dealer and ask them for there out the door price.

3rd. The lowest dealer was $7200 out the door. i then called all the other dealers and see if they could beat it. Then I was down to abour 3 dealers at 7k. I then got 2 dealers down to $6,800. Finally one dealer said we will nto go any lower. So I went to the other one and got it for $6700 OTD

05-07-2007, 06:47 PM
thats a good way to do it

400exrider989
05-07-2007, 06:54 PM
go there work some price out if it dosnt meet your needs then just tell them you are realy wanting this bike but im not willing to spend quite this much and walk out and call them backin a day or so and ask for the same guy and work it lower each day and get them to throw in some stuff for free

do the phone first then go and do the working out and walking away then do the thingy i say above

its what my dad did with his new chevy he went from 60 000 to 50 000

Aceman
05-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Follow Firefighterjosh's advice. Any big purchase when you're buying new, you NEED to shop around. My dad does the same thing when buying pickups. If the dealers won't drop any lower, ask if they'll sell you parts/gear/oil at cost.

firefighterjosh
05-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Also look at the prices. My ranger retails for 29k. They had some rebates and stuff and it dropped it to 25k then I had a trade in. Best place I could find was 22k. I didn't want to pay that. I told them I wanted it for 20k. I just called every dealership in my area and said can you get me my ranger for 20k OTD? Eventually I found a dealer that said yes.

It takes time. Play the waiting game also. If you want it for 6k and they say no 6,500. Tell them well I have 6k cash in my hand and walk out. Give them a week they will be calling;)

450raider
05-08-2007, 09:08 AM
yeah firefighterjosh, this time ill just call around a radius of like 100 miles and play the waiting game, thats somrething i havent tried yet every time ive bought something from my usual honda dealer i just got it msrp cause they said (like my r or old rancher for example) the price isnt going down till the next year was released and they have a waiting list of pre approved people for it.

400exrider707
05-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Dont be surprised to get a lot of "no's" Its still a pretty recent model with people still buying them.