PDA

View Full Version : will these work??

wvspeedfreak
05-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I have a set of 12" Elka dual rate shocks that I want to use on a drr90.The way I measure it the drr stock shocks are 12 1/2".Will the 12" elkas I have work allright?

forgiven
05-06-2007, 12:38 PM
From everything I heard...that is what you want to use. I haven't had to go there yet, but Sam is getting more and more air. :mad:

wvspeedfreak
05-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the reply.Sounds good.I was hoping there wouldn't be any issues with them.

QuadJunkies
05-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Actually they may not.They could change the angle unless you have alot of adjustment. It just depends on the overall ride height.
If the quad already sits flat somewhat, then that will only increase it and the A-Arms could actually start to point upward and the nose may want to dive.

I guess you could slap em on and see how they look and go from there.:)

wvspeedfreak
05-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I talked to Kool Kidz atv today and they said they aren't going to work right,they will definately be too short.Then I talked to Elka to see about possibly changing the shafts or something to make them work and they said I'd just have to get new shocks :p
Oh well.....that's the way it goes sometimes :)

QuadJunkies
05-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Well at least you got the answer ahead of time .;)

Thats too bad they wont work.

bulldogfallon
05-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Elka does make shocks that bolt right up...

I have contacted them before in regards to this.

BradLoomis
05-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I have a set of 12" Elka dual rate shocks that I want to use on a drr90.The way I measure it the drr stock shocks are 12 1/2".Will the 12" elkas I have work allright?

Single A-Arm bike?

Send me your A-Arms and shocks and I will re-mount the lower shock mount for you and they will work fine.

wvspeedfreak
05-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Brad the drr is dual a arm.

BradLoomis
05-08-2007, 10:56 AM
If the bike is a dual A-arm it will only lower the front ride height maybe 1/2" at the most. If the shocks are for a single A-arm setup then they might sprung to soft for the dual setup... but they will fit. If you have 12 1/2" shocks on it now, they do compress to 12" in length don't they? That is where the Elka's will be at full length. I mean the shocks do get longer and shorter don't they? sorry about the sarcasm:rolleyes:

Kool Kids and Elka, I hope, are talking about the ultimate shock setup when they say they won't work.

Measure the bike with the stock shocks: full extension - full compression - force required. Then put on the Elka's and do it again. Then make your decision if you want to spend more money on the optimum shock if you want to.

I can move the dual set up for you... but shock height is not as critical, as you know, as it is with the single arm setup.

wvspeedfreak
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
I guess I should have been a little more precise in my question.I realize that they will physically bolt up and suspend the quad.I was wondering if anyone had run the 12" shocks on one and how it performed being they are a little shorter than stock.Thanks for the reply.

BradLoomis
05-08-2007, 03:14 PM
No problem Jason, I was just hoping that someone wasn't trying to get you to buy something that you might not neccessarily need. Just trying to look out for you.

wvspeedfreak
05-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Elka does make shocks that bolt right up...

I have contacted them before in regards to this.

That is probably what I am going to get.After doing some checking,the shocks I have are going to definately be too short.

Thanks for the help everybody.