PDA

View Full Version : Which LT A-arms?

ohguy79
05-06-2007, 06:17 AM
I'm going to buy a set of Long travel A-arms. I plan on buying Housers. I can't decide if I should get slicast or regular long travels. Can anyone help me out?
Also, does anyone know where to get a good deal on them. The best deals I've found so far are on ebay.

Dave400ex
05-06-2007, 08:42 AM
What type of riding are you doing, XC or MX? I have the Slicast and they are worth the extra money, super easy to adjust. I don't see the long travels without Slicast much anymore.

Check out the site below for good prices, I'm not sure if Ebay is cheaper or not. Lake City (http://www.lakecityhonda.com/catalog_keyword_search.asp?keysearch=Go&keyword=houser)

Rogerlesboules
05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297552

hetrick_racing9
05-06-2007, 02:37 PM
get some roll design long travel and ill sell ya a set of fronts and rear elite triple rate... long travel elkas for cheap..

ohguy79
05-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I do a little of both XC and MX. I have the shocks already. I got a decent deal on some noleen longtravels. I'm just trying to decide on a-arms. Not really a big fan of Lonestar. The price isn't bad so I'll think about it. Thanks.

TMSmx47
05-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I have HOUSER none slicast.. Just the regulars were fine for me and I absolutely love them!! Its gonna be a coin toss for you. How much you think your gonna use the SLICAST feature??

Dave400ex
05-06-2007, 07:56 PM
What length are your shocks, because that will narrow your choices down depending on the length. The Housers are 19.5".

pudamac12
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM
you should check out smc fabrication a arms also. $575 for long travel and your shocks will work with them

ohguy79
05-06-2007, 09:49 PM
He said the shocks are a little under 20". I assume they are 19.5". I would measure them but I won't even get to see the shocks for a couple more months or so. I am in Iraq.
I am buying parts for when I get home. You know, as far as adjusting them. I will more than likely set them and not touch them. I guess I could save some money and just buy the regular non slicast. It has reg +2 ASR a-arms on it now. Either way I will have a big improvement.

exrider44
05-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Have you looked at any other brand of arms?

ohguy79
05-07-2007, 08:46 PM
I have looked at a lot of different arms. I really like the Housers. I just couldn't decide if I should get slicast or not. I think I'll just get the regular Lt. They are a little cheaper and I really don't think I need the slicast. I just thought I'd ask everyones opinion. Thanks

Digsy
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Whatever you choose - keep your head down and get home safe ..

ohguy79
05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks alot. Thank god I'm almost done. I've been away from home for almost a yr 1/2. I'm ready to go home. I guess the good thing is my quad setting in the garage waiting on me. I've seen some places over here I'd like to ride. But, quads and the whole combat zone thing doesn't go well together. Thanks to everyone for your input. I ordered a set of regular Lt's today.

quad2xtreme
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ohguy79
Thanks alot. Thank god I'm almost done. I've been away from home for almost a yr 1/2. I'm ready to go home. I guess the good thing is my quad setting in the garage waiting on me. I've seen some places over here I'd like to ride. But, quads and the whole combat zone thing doesn't go well together. Thanks to everyone for your input. I ordered a set of regular Lt's today.

First of all, thanks for serving! I definitely feel for you guys being away for so long.

I got the Sli-cast and have been running tham at the stock zero degree location since I got them. I think you made a good choice in saving the money.

/Jon