PDA

View Full Version : TORS Removal Kit Throttle Cable

TXATVRIDER
05-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Buddy was telling me about this what exactly does this do? Anybody know?

I think it has something to do with getting rid of the stock something on top of the carbs hell i don't know. Help me out

banshee84
05-05-2007, 11:02 PM
it gets rid of the Throttle overide system (T.O.R.S) The t.o.r.s kills the spark to you cylinders if your throttle cable gets stuck. So instead of the bike reving outta control the bike will just die. Some guys say the T.O.R.S is junk and it doesn;t work properly. They say it malfunctions and won;t let the bike start even if the throttle cable is fine. I never had any problems with mine but I don;t have it anymore since I have a single carb

TXATVRIDER
05-05-2007, 11:11 PM
O ok well it all makes since now he told me a while back that i need to get it but just have't looked into it until now. Thanks

firefighterjosh
05-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Get rid of it. It makes tuning harder IMO. Get a motion pro tors removle kit. Very easy to install. Just remember if it sticks wide open to hit the kill switch. And I would recomend a tehter kill switch so if it sticks wide open and you fall off it will kill it;)

djguestone
05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Remove TORS along with your Ebrake system & you'll clean up a bunch of the wiring on that bike.

I lost one of my pod filters at my last Glamis trip the carbs sucked in some sand causing the slide to stick on WOT. I think I hit a couple doubles before I reached for the kill switch. That rush felt pretty good though

I guess I need a tether:D

TWILES
05-08-2007, 03:44 PM
There is a button on the throttle that will kill the motor if it gets hung wide open. If you'll look the cable attatches to a free arm and the thumb part is separate. There is a button that will click if you push it. When the throttle-arm goes back and hits that button, it goes to an idle and will die if the carbs are open. That switch was bad in mine when I bought it or I wouldn't know. When I was stripping mine, I left that one on for safety reasons. Taking the TORS off is nice because it makes the throttle easier to push.

TXATVRIDER
05-09-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah well i ordered that kit, i already got rid of the parking brake and got a billet block off for it so i'm looking forward to getting rid of some more wireing.

firefighterjosh
05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TXATVRIDER
yeah well i ordered that kit, i already got rid of the parking brake and got a billet block off for it so i'm looking forward to getting rid of some more wireing.

Do you have a clymer manual? It has a wiring diagram. I just sat down one day and traced all the wires for the tors, and other saftery crap and cut it all out. Then got some flex tube and it looked 100% better