PDA

View Full Version : 12hrs of atv america results!!!!!

Johnny_G
10-14-2002, 12:21 PM
PRO
1. Gust/Walsh/Byrd HON
2. Bartosek/Covington/Seal SUZ
3. Ellis/Gallagher/Phillips SUZ
4. Jones/Freez/Dunkelburger HON

The womens team of Cecco,Parton,Moore took 3rd in the A class despite changing a whole rear end during the 1st session!!!!!!

What an awesome event, If you missed it you really should look into being there next year, as this will soon be the biggest ATV race of the year.

Bart
10-14-2002, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the update Johnny. And congratulations on the 3rd place finish.

Can you provide any more info? How many teams were there? How many spectators? How was the track? How was the racing action? What things were done right? What changes would you like to see for next year?

beerock
10-14-2002, 12:49 PM
congrats johnny g on 3rd!!

sweet !

I met dunkelburger last year at wild wood, tell him congrats to the 4th place!

racerx573
10-14-2002, 02:03 PM
Awesome JG!!!!

10-14-2002, 02:09 PM
Nice there johnny.

CBus660R
10-14-2002, 02:47 PM
Good job Johnny. What were you riding, a hopped up Z? If so, how did you like it in comparison to your R?

Johnny_G
10-14-2002, 04:10 PM
GT-Thunder in Millersburg Ohio built our Z for the race, and it ran right by 330 powervalve R's , and was still running strong after 12hrs of pros beating on it.

Lonestar and Elka supplied the chassis upgrades, and the bike handled like a dream!!

The most amazing thing though was the fact that we ran all 12 hrs on the same Maxxis razor tires. 12 hrs and NO FLATS!!!!!!!!!!

Every bike on the podium had Maxxis!!!!!

I would like to type more about how things went, but my hands hurt so bad from riding that long I can barely type

Everyone should attend this event next year

BTW GT-thunder can make your Z rip too call (330)674-7122

AtvMxRider
10-14-2002, 04:27 PM
Good job Johnny G!!!

OCCRA288
10-14-2002, 08:31 PM
One team ran a raptor with a pipe beadlocks and TCS shocks all around. They got hit hard in a corner by a pro and bent their axle. They were in 2nd place in the B class. Another team ran a Banshee and had no problems other that a DG bumper breaking. They came in 14th in the B class. My team ran a Miko Trick Honda 440 with elka fronts and reworked rear. I've never ridden with a twist throttle before this race and I hit one tree knocking my left front off the bead. Then our main jet fell out causing me some very slow laps. When we finally got it running right we were down to 25th place. I got on and got us up to 18th place. Then our "boss" (everything was his call) Wanted to change the tires. so we dropped back down. At night we lost our fuse. Then our battery went dead and I killed it on the last lap within a mile and a half of the checkered. We came in 17th place and I was Haulin' Balls, even with that stupid twist throttle.

tprender
10-14-2002, 08:33 PM
For those of you that sat in your warm house and missed the best race of the year, you will have to come and watch or ride next year. The course was about 5 miles long with a liitle of each type of riding. It started with about 1/2 mile of open trail, 1/2 of woods and sand, more open trail, 1 mile of MX, 2 miles of woods, and some more open fields. There were 54 teams at the start of the day. The 2nd start only had 49 quads on the line. Not all of them were running. Some had to be towed to the pits to get them running again. The team of Jones said that they changed and engine in 17 min at the start of the 2 nd seccesion and still got 4th place. some of the lap times at night were just about the same as during the day. Fox was there and did some filming, also you can read about it in the mags.

DarkStarRacing
10-16-2002, 04:17 PM
congrats

honda400exrider
10-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Where did this take place? iight lata

tprender
10-16-2002, 06:00 PM
The 12 hours of america race was and is going to take place in Fort Dodge,Iowa. Next year the date is the last weekend in Oct. Mark your canlenders. We had 54 teams this year with a max of 120 teams. Bring warm clothes being late in Oct.