PDA

View Full Version : 450 water problems?

Pack
05-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Okay, so I took it across the creek. Water did NOT get into the exhaust pipe. But it died when it got kind of deep. I jumped off, pushed it to shore, and couldn't get it to run. When I got it to shore, it would only idle at half choke, and wouldn't move if you pressed the throttle. It wouldn't cool off. It eventually moved, but never really warmed up. Once we got it running, it was fine. But it took forever, and a lot of playing around with the throttle, to get it to move first.

I'm assuming the way we got it to run, was wrong. It's a 2007 YFZ450 S.E.... Just got it Thursday. His did the same thing. So, what should we do? Just let it sit there with having nothing done to it, and what's causing it to do it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

woodsrider4ever
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
how dep did you go and you should of turned the gass of drain the float bowl and the turn the gas off then plug the float bowl back up but how deep did the quad go under?

Pack
05-07-2007, 02:42 AM
It was below the exhaust, but not by a whole lot. That's about it.

I've taken other quads deeper. Also, I have no idea what you just said? Where's the "float bowl" at? And you turn the gas off before you drain it?

Pack
05-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Uhm, hello?