PDA

View Full Version : elkas?

ZSNOW
05-05-2007, 07:23 PM
i have a set of elkas off of my old race blsater. if i send them into elka to get rebuilt and revalved could i use them on my brute?

05-07-2007, 11:35 AM
See if they fit. If they fit and are about the same langth then they probably would work.

400exrider707
05-07-2007, 11:37 AM
No way in Hel that is going to work.

ZSNOW
05-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
No way in Hel that is going to work.

they're the same length and mount the same way what am i gonna run into for issues?:grr:

ffchad89
05-07-2007, 09:48 PM
haha there goes 400ex rider running his mouth again.......daddy bout you any new things for your bike there bud.....haha elkas on a brute.....WORD....good luck man let me kno whow much they charge you for the servfice

ZSNOW
05-08-2007, 05:26 AM
im just gonna see if one of the sponsers can do it,cheaper then elka doing it

A A R O N
05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
If the elkas are not EXACTLY the same length as the brute stockers they will need some extensive work to make them perform correctly. They may bolt up and you may not be able to tell a difference but for them to work right they will need to be the same dimensions first of all. If that's not right they will never work correctly. Then, once they are the same dimensions they will need to be changed on the inside and out (valving/springs) to work.

The bottom line is that for them to work RIGHT you will spend WAY more money than it is worth.

For them to bolt up, they might be fine as is, but good luck riding it.

ZSNOW
05-09-2007, 04:59 AM
ok no one has a confidense so screw this project, how much could i find some ute series for?

kbass24emtp
05-09-2007, 05:37 AM
Give Santo DeRisi at www.derisiracing.com a call, he should be able to give you a ball park figure on the cost. I had to have my Elkas modified for new arms and it was not all that expensive, concidering the cost of shocks now.

400exrider707
05-09-2007, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
Give Santo DeRisi at www.derisiracing.com a call, he should be able to give you a ball park figure on the cost. I had to have my Elkas modified for new arms and it was not all that expensive, concidering the cost of shocks now.

Having them "modified" to work with new arms is a LOT different than trying to make them work on a completely different quad, not to mention going from a 300lb blaster to a 600lb utility quad.

400exrider707
05-09-2007, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by ffchad89
haha there goes 400ex rider running his mouth again.......daddy bout you any new things for your bike there bud.....haha elkas on a brute.....WORD....good luck man let me kno whow much they charge you for the servfice

Wow jeez, thanks for all the useful information. My dad does not support my racing habit, he in fact doesn't even go to my races, so keep your mouth shut, unless you have some useful, factual information. The fact is I said it wont work, I am sick of explaining to people why their shocks wont work if they take them from one quad and put them on another quad. It is simple, people need to learn to use the search button.

I doubt that the blaster shock even has the same diameter shock shaft as the brute, seeing as the brute is probably twice the weight if not more than the blaster. Call elka and ask them, if they dont laugh at you, they will probably tell you it will be easier and more cost effective to just buy new shocks.

ffchad89
05-09-2007, 02:24 PM
your hard 400exrider...real hard.....haha what a joke

A A R O N
05-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ffchad89
your hard 400exrider...real hard.....haha what a joke

I missed the punch line:confused: