PDA

View Full Version : EX's last stand at the hills

rookiex
10-14-2002, 11:52 AM
The other night was a race and what a race it was....
I got there seeing my good friend jay....parked next to him his bike was already out....he said man you should see the team of canondales here...So we walked over and under a big arse tent was 13 highly modded dales...vary vary sweet quads....then one of the riders came up and asked what we rode we told him EX's and he snickerd a bit.....and he just said good luck you'll need it....so me and jay looked at each other and after that we spent half the day assembling some of the best EX riders we knew in the district 11 area....about 4 oclock they started rollin in with the 440's 416's 425's ect. there were 12 of us we put up our make shift tent....and sat the ex's up under them...we knew this race was gonna be ex vs dales...the race started with 2 dales in front then jay and me...we hit the first turn when I seen jay go nutts he hit the berm ran up on the side of the dale and blow them out of the water...those 3 battled and I battled 2 dales with my friends helping....we went at this 60 footer and I went up with 2 dales behind me I felt on tire rub mine in air....It was on and off the whole night I would drop back and battle up but jay took first place every race we ran 12 lap motos 4 motos...I got 4th 2 dales got 3rd and 2nd and jay got first....and when we looked at the results the ex's avraged out to be better than the dales.....weather it be by rider and quad the exriders won....

trx400ex
10-14-2002, 04:01 PM
yup, modded ex's still have enough in em to win against this new breed of high performance quads...good job on the 4th finish

rookiex
10-14-2002, 05:28 PM
thanks man Its not to shabby for 2 months of racing.....It was my first run in the A class aginst all the other usuall A riders I thought I would get creamed but I did pretty good

DarkStarRacing
10-14-2002, 05:56 PM
thats what i like to hear way to teach them a lesson...i hate people who think cause they have the newest quad on the block, thst there the best,,long live EX;s :)

rookiex
10-14-2002, 06:22 PM
Yeah....I have noticed tho that more dale riders side with honda riders on the track....and yamaha sides with suzuki its pretty cool though....but it just gose to show respect the ex's they are still top dog on the track givin the time they have been out....cdale is coming up and much respect to them for elavating our sport with new products..

trx400ex
10-14-2002, 07:14 PM
yeah man thats really good for 2 months of racing, ive only had a chance to race twice this year, because of broken parts, but im building up an EX i hope to race full time next year, probably start out low and hopefully wrok my way up to "A" by the end of the season,but at least ive had ALOT of practice...you guys keep showin those Dales whos boss;)

rookiex
10-15-2002, 10:47 AM
Yeah man if you race enough and people notice you like balwin noticed me they will sponsor you.They want me to run 4 stoke most of the time and pro every now and then,then they want to build me up to race national level.they seen me at kenworthys and cocr not to far behind ben jackson in pro class,They bought me a full sub frame when I bent mine.But you have to get an account and A tax id its pretty odd set up but what ever works

trx400ex
10-15-2002, 05:34 PM
well i hope it works out that way for me too, im doing everything i can to get ready for next season.... so baldwin sponsors you?

rookiex
10-15-2002, 05:42 PM
Yep....I get a full up to 1000 dollars then 50 precent off on shocks....and 25 precent off on other stuff.....its not full and I am not there top dog but one day hopfully.....

R-Crazy
10-15-2002, 06:17 PM
hey rookiex, how long have u been riding?
Good job at the races.

dave

rookiex
10-15-2002, 06:38 PM
I have been riding scence I was 14 when I got my ex however I didnt get into it till about 6 months ago and thats when I started practicing none stop and loving the sport.....then began racing in july of this year.....

R-Crazy
10-16-2002, 01:35 PM
wow, thats awsome. i started last year, i was 13. i rode almost everyday in AZ, i had desert right behind my backyard. then i moved to NJ and ther is NO riding. i sucks *****. Once i get my licence, i will be out riding almost everyday after school. now i am saving up for the C-dale:D and a small trailer to hold one quad.:devil

dave

rebel red ex
11-14-2002, 08:01 PM
go ex go ex go:devil :devil kickin up dust is a must

mod300ex
11-14-2002, 08:37 PM
sounds like an awsome race man! great job !!!!

Rip_Tear
11-14-2002, 08:43 PM
Good job! We have to remind ourselves, the 400ex is 5 years old! (99, 00, 01, 02, 03) Considering it hasn't been changed, it still whoops butt! and its not liquid cooled!