PDA

View Full Version : engine work branding (whose is this?)

SET THE STAGE
05-05-2007, 02:37 PM
i bought a used 300ex with tons of stuff done to it and it seems like it has motor work. it's damn fast and has like a WA on the topend

here's a pic

whose is it? (also, i'm aware of the leakage, that'll be fixed soon haha)

chris29
05-05-2007, 04:01 PM
everybody does that could be some small town shop or just the person who did the work.

CannondaleRider
05-05-2007, 04:13 PM
It's a simple enough ingraving....i'd bet its just the initials of the guy who built it, or the shop.

Doesn't appear to be any major builder

SET THE STAGE
05-05-2007, 09:50 PM
i know it's just an engraving, jeesh haha i was kind of hoping someone would maybe know who did it (company or person) i'd like to know what was maybe done to it.

if i had it taken apart by a guy who really knows engines well enough, you think he'd be able to tell me what's been done to it? like as far as intake/exhaust porting goes (sorry, i'm kind of dumb with 4-strokes still)

my88r
05-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
i know it's just an engraving, jeesh haha i was kind of hoping someone would maybe know who did it (company or person) i'd like to know what was maybe done to it.

if i had it taken apart by a guy who really knows engines well enough, you think he'd be able to tell me what's been done to it? like as far as intake/exhaust porting goes (sorry, i'm kind of dumb with 4-strokes still)

ya if he is a good mechanic

SET THE STAGE
05-05-2007, 10:41 PM
k well another thing, if the porting is done to the intake and/or exhaust on a 4-stroke, do you need higher octane gas like you would on a 2-stroke? i don't want to run like 89 or something and chance messing something up.

or do you only need high octane gas for like high compression pistons and certain cams?

my88r
05-05-2007, 11:04 PM
you need to find out to see what the compression is before you can tell the gas