PDA

View Full Version : jetting

exrider49
05-05-2007, 11:09 AM
i am having hard time gettin my quad running better..its a 400ex with pro design pro flow kit with billet insert, stock airbox with lid on, for exhuast i have fmf powerbomb headpipe with hmf slip-on..i just recently jetted it with a dynojet stage 2..170 main, fuel mixture screw 3.5 turns out...it starts up and idles smooth but when it warms up and i go to rev it up, it cuts out then revs..it just like misses when i crack the throttle hard but when i dont hit the throttle so hard it will rev up how it is suppose to...please help im new to jetting and workin on carbs.

CarGuy7a
05-05-2007, 09:09 PM
try setting the mixture screw at 3 turns out. i sort of had the same problem.

if that doesn't fix it. try taking the air box lid off for a quick diagnosis of the problem. if it runs better with it off, it's rich.
if the problem get worse (loud popping sound at full throttle) then it's too lean.

exrider49
05-06-2007, 07:42 PM
allrite im gonn aplay around with it and see what happens thanks for the help

Eviltanker
05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
You sound rich. lower the main , needle in the middle, What size is your pilot jet?also try 2 1/2 turns on the screw, That will get you started. This is just a good start point. from there buy a few plugs and start doing plug chops.

exrider49
05-07-2007, 06:27 PM
i figured it out guys thanks for the help!!