PDA

View Full Version : LT-R450 or YFZ450

Groves187
05-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Ok, So over this coming summer i am wanting to buy a brand new 450, I am going to go with eather to Yfz or the Lt-R. But i am having trouble deciding, Now i know the fitment of the bike to the rider has a lot to do with it, But what i am wondering is How these two 4 wheelers compair both Stock and Fully built.

I am planing on using this for MX.

One thing i did read about the LT-R450 is the motor is underpowerd in stock form, This could be a problem if true as i am planning to build this quad up as i go.

Any input would be great.

Thanks, Nick

culichi
05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
personally i woukdnt go for the yfz it vibrates alot, and i love the EFI response and the handling on the ltr, for the ltr all you need to do is some pc work, shocks. sterring stab, and off you go

05Z400rdr
05-05-2007, 05:31 AM
I personally would go with the LTR, too. Unless my friends are just having a lotttt of bad luck with them, the YFZ doesn't hold up too good, and they've been having everything and everything go wrong with theirs, engine too. But like I said, that may just be their bad luck, I don't know. Also, you said about them being "underpowered"...once you throw a cherrybomb on there and remove the baffle from the exhaust and remove the lid from the air box, this is deffinately not underpowered. Hope this helps some,

Landon

Groves187
05-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Yes it did help out a lot, Thanks for the input guys.

mx1791
05-05-2007, 03:08 PM
ride them both, you will want the ltr.

strubby
05-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I wanted something for MX and trail riding. Leaned towards the YFZ til I had seat time on my buddy's, not comfortable for me at all (6'2, but only 160lbs). I chose the LTR, and to get it set up the way I want, I've uncorked the exhaust, removed lid, CB, adjusted suspension, 13T front, 22/20" HDs, Precision SS and it'll do everything now. I think the only thing else I'd do to it is full pipe, intake, PC, and revalve suspension. So far, I love it.