PDA

View Full Version : new to a banshee

yfzse10
05-04-2007, 08:47 PM
i got a couple questions for you guys whove rode banshees forever, im buying a friend of mines banshee, 1995, bored .40 over, hot rod crank, cool head, fmf pipes, the basic stuff, but anyways, i dont motocross or drag race, juss mainly ride trails, and hill climb, would it be better to juss buy this banshee, or go buy a 450, and plus which one would cost me less maintance wise??

400exrider989
05-04-2007, 09:12 PM
well i can tell you that te bike is fast and well be good for hill climbs and good for trails.
it depends on what your buddy is talking money wize and what shape the bike is in and what oil he used and when was the topend last done or check the compression ETC.
if you go and buy a 450 it well take alot of mods to make it as good as a climber as the banshee
on banshee it is ussual maintnence but maybe a bit more than a 450 because you need to use premium and buy premix also
but then again i would run premium in a 450 too just to keep it cleaner you know what i mean

well im sure somebody well help you ut more and maybe chek out bansheehq.com for some serious help and/or opinions

later Mike

TXATVRIDER
05-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Can't go wrong with a Banshee, there easy to work on, fun to ride and nothing beats a 2 stroke!....lol

firefighterjosh
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
IMO for what you do go with the 450.

The banshee climbs hills very good. But trail riding your going to need to work on it. I raced my Banshee 2 years in XC. I never owned another quad. Then I decided to race my GFs KFX400 and it was SOOOO much nicer.

400exrider989
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
IMO for what you do go with the 450.

The banshee climbs hills very good. But trail riding your going to need to work on it. I raced my Banshee 2 years in XC. I never owned another quad. Then I decided to race my GFs KFX400 and it was SOOOO much nicer.

well really if it has good tires then i think you would be fine as long as your not mud bogging because thats when you get a jacked up 4x4

like im 14 i ride trails and my banshee is stock and the only problems i have is the mud because of my stock worthless tires
not to mention this is my first manual atv but it works fie IMO

jatizasy
05-07-2007, 07:59 AM
I own a 2002 banshee w/ pipes and jetts. Everything else stock. The bike is fast and climbs hills wonerfull but it does overheat on trails, it uses more gas than the four strokes and you have to carry a can of oil with you to mix if you ride a long ride. The banshee sits low to the ground and if you are very tall your knees are in an uncomfortable place for a long ride.

I also own a 2007 450r. This bike is just as fast as the banshee. It is the closet thing I have ridden to the banshee in hill climbling. It is water cooled with a fan. It uses almost no gas to ride and it is very comfortable on a 8 to 10 hour ride.

I like both bikes but for trail riding in a group and for averall maintenance free riding I would go for the 450.

yfzse10
05-07-2007, 02:28 PM
the banshee is a 95, and another friend of mine bought it and rebuilt the topend, he also added his fmf pipes, cool head and i think a hotrod crank, i wander if it will be to much power for the trails, i dont want somthin ever time i hit the throttle shes on the grab bar, but yet again i dont want somthin that bogs down either, but im probaly gonna go with the banshee, its only 2 grand compared to a brand new 450 which is around 7, hope i make the right choice, and i do own a 2 stroke so i know about pre mix and all that stuff

djguestone
05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
If that Banshee looks & runs good then get it. I've ridden a few diff bikes but the Banshee being the funest of them all. There's nothing like the feel of that powerband kicking in. The 450 is kinda like a car, just gradually gain speed. The Banshee is inexpensive & easier to wrench on vs a 450. I've yet to take my bike to a shop & refuse do do so. I do my own research & my own work. I'm no Banshee wiz but forums help alot!!

djguestone
05-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Also.. I upgraded to the IMS 4 gal tank so no need for a 6 pack rack or need to carry extra fuel. I can hit Olds Hill at Glamis all up & down that place, then still go duning around for a few hours.

400exrider989
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
depending on what tires he ha if they are good you well hock nice and go fast but if they are **** then you have no worries about going on the grab bar the banshee is known for not getting traction

fordhondarider
05-14-2007, 10:15 PM
well if you just want to mainly ride trails then I would not get the banshee.I found the same problem with mine that it overheats really fast in the woods.These things are ment to go fast not slow.now if you just want to ride trails once in a while then go for it.I bought mine to go fast and there cheap as hell to rebuild when they do need it.