PDA

View Full Version : Caliper piston sticking

TrapZ400
05-04-2007, 05:13 PM
The rear brake caliper piston is sticking. How do I fix it?

jonboy
05-04-2007, 07:14 PM
replace the piston or just replace the whole caliper. you can find them cheap in the for sale section or on ebay

TrapZ400
05-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Is that the only way to fix it? The quad is only a year and a half old.

jonboy
05-05-2007, 01:03 AM
You can take it a part, it is rebuildable. Try taking it a part and cleaning it really good. definatelty replace the seals. You'll find out that if you have to replace the piston itself and buy the piston on it own, you may as well just replace the entire caliper with one off ebay or the for sale section. It could be cheaper or if not not much more than the piston itself. Trust me I have done this a few times. Besides there are several calipers up for sale that have been removed for the sole perpose of using an aftermarket swinger that are in perfect condition.

jonboy
05-05-2007, 01:10 AM
On second thought let me check in my shop and see if I have a new piston. I had a guy bring me one to replace in his caliper and turned out that the caliper was in fact the culprit. If you in fact need the piston replaced I can ship it to you if I have it. But you will still need the seals. So take it apart and find out. It may be as simple as cleaning it but most times mud and muck get in it and damage the entire assembly.