PDA

View Full Version : break in bogging

mrhyde
05-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I rebuilt my top end last weekend and started Beerock's break in schedule. It ran fine through the 3 phases of neutral throttle blips and ran fine/great for 14 minutes of the first 1/4-1/2 throttle run. I was about to stop and let it cool when it bogged and died. I pulled the plug and it was very fouled. I put a new one in and kicked 10 times (usually starts on 1st or 2nd). It didn't start so I decided to let it cool where it sat. 30 minutes later I fired it up after several kicks and it wouldn't idle. It bogs constantly and does not hit the powerband (I haven't gunned it because it isn't broken in). I pulled the new plug and it wasn't fouled, but was damp. After loading it up and getting home. I fired it up from stone cold. It still bogs. Just for fun I pulled the airbox lid, it still seems to be bogging. Any ideas?
Could my reeds be bad?
Could my rings have been gapped incorrectly?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

csr250r
05-04-2007, 05:19 PM
i would check your reeds, it definatly sounds like ur getting too much fuel, maybe check ur jetting, did u put a bigger top end in or did u sleeve it?

mrhyde
05-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the reply.
It is just 30 over stock top end. Nothing fancy. When I pull the reeds, what should I look for. I looked at them before re-installing them, but, honestly didn't know what I was looking for. they are stock and appear to be very thin metal. They didn't look messed up. Is it possible to install them wrong?
Thanks again for any help

jon370r
05-04-2007, 06:07 PM
A small break in a reed is also my guess or plugged jet.

mrhyde
05-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Guys,
Thanks for all the help. It ended up being my slow jet (pilot). It had shaken itself out. No wonder it bogged (i am amazed it ran). Thanks again for the help.