PDA

View Full Version : what a pain?

hontrx265r
05-04-2007, 03:39 AM
A friend of mine picked up a cannondale about three months ago. It was a bone stock cannibal. Got it for a good price, and it was real clean. He hadn't rode it much, but it had pretty impressive power and great throttle response we were both quite suprised. Well after only a few trips out it went caa-put. started spewing coolant and oil and I'm pretty sure the coolant has oil in it. We have been tearing it down and all I can say is wow!!! what a pain in the ***. Now although I'm sure there are tricks that someone could shed, and I'd love to hear. This thing just sucked to rip down. How do you guys feel about tearing these apart.

FUTheman
05-04-2007, 06:17 AM
You need to go to www cannondaleriders com.

Sounds like the valve cover corroded. The original ones were magnesium and didn't react well with the aluminum and regular coolant. It is a very old issue that's been dealt with with new aluminum covers. Can get then from blackwidowatv.com much cheaper than from ATK. I'm in St. Joe, MI and can work on Dales some, but am no way an engine guru. Post pics here or on cannondaleriders. If you can't register on there (system issues right now), go to cannondaler com. They are just as helpful. One of the best gurus just got his own site, cannondalecentral com.

3 sites, one community. We will all help get it back running if that's what he wants to do.