PDA

View Full Version : Good street bike.

HondaEXrider22
05-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Hey guys with street bikes, I have a few questions.

I will be getting my regular drivers lisence soon and have been thinking. I have an El camino, and have been putting most of my money toward it. I cant wait to drive but i have been thinking streetbike. I have never ridden one before, but I have plenty of experince with quads and dirtbikes, even on the roads. But with gas prices rising, and the fact I have always wanted a street bike, i was thinking bike. I even have the camino to haul it around lol.

My question - What are some good bikes? I am not to familiar with many of them, expect for the basics like CBR, Yamahas R1, ninjas ect...

Not looking for the fastest bike, but not a pu**y one either. I thinking used and thinking a medium -large size.

What are some good names?
What are some good price range for used?
Names to stay away from?
What is considered "alot" of miles for a bike?

Im thinking around 2-3k but help, me out here
Thanks in advance for the help, i was just throwing around the idea.

underpowered
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
well i would suggest a "starter" bike like a ninja 500. still has some nice power, but not the snappy power of a GSXR or anything like that. plenty to get around town on and have a good time, especially for a beginner.

once you master it, then i would look into like an CBR, GSXR, ZX, or an R6. i would not start out on a true sportbike.

suck my pipe
05-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Honestly there not hard to ride at all you just need to break yourself into it because they are fast like nothing you have ever been on before but like he said you cant realy go wrong suzuki honda kawasaki whatever you like or can find for a good deal 600's are nice there fast and powerfull but there not to the point where the front wants to come up alot. I love my Gsxr750 its a great bike. I also liked the GSXR600 and R6's are nice but they feel realy small. I'd recomend staying away from the 1000's there alot more powerfull. than the 600's the 750 I have has alot more power than the 600 but i was fine riding it as my first bike. Just be carefull and dont leave your drive way without a helmit, jacket, pants, and you should wear boots but I don't. Let us know if you get one.

suck my pipe
05-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Bad pic

suck my pipe
05-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Gotta get rid of the ugly fenders on them

gncc025
05-03-2007, 10:42 PM
ive read the cbr600 is a good beginner bike maybe a little more on the agressive side but still good. i'd def suggest getting a used one seeins how your proly gonna dump it at one time or another.

ny300exrider
05-04-2007, 09:13 AM
if you want a STREET bike id say get a cbr600f4i

however

im in the same situation. 17 years old now and im starting on a street legal dual sport/supermoto dirtbike in 2 years. they are alot easier to ride than the streetbike, can go on road or offroad which is cool, have a higher seating position that makes it easier to see traffic, can be dropped and not have 1000's in repairs, can be found for good prices, can hooligan around town jumping curbs and riding through grass, and will be alot cheaper on insurance.

i honestly cant wait to sell my quad and get into the street scene.

if you are set on a streetbike, you could go the route of learning on a ninja 250/500, or start right up on a 600cc. i know a ton of guys who started on gsxr600,cbr600,and kawi636 and they are fine. since you have riding experience, you'd probably be fine on the 600 as long as your respect the bike and be as safe and responsible as possible.

also DONT FORGET TO BUY GOOD GEAR. leather jackets,good helmet, gloves are a must and some padded pants and boots are always good too.