PDA

View Full Version : everyone getting dales?

EricB
10-14-2002, 03:48 AM
wow this is crazy a few months ago people still loved their 400s, not that people still don't. just seems like a lot of people are getting dales now. are they really that much better? i've been reading about them and looking into them some. but i'm not going to be able to get another quad for a while, but serriosly thinking about getting one later on. so whats the deal? is cdale the new honda for everyone? so if honda actually comes out with another new sport bike say with a 450f engine obviously de-tuned for a quad willl you all go back to that? we all know that honda doesn't release bikes very often but when they do...they're awsome atc 250r trx 250r trx 400ex...

Guy400
10-14-2002, 04:43 AM
Some people are so brand loyal to any particular make that they'll wait indefinitely because that new bike is just around the corner. Even if that new bike never comes they'll wait because they've got so much faith that "next year it's coming". I liken it to some of those old WWII stories. The husband goes off to war and everyday the wife goes and sits on the front porch hoping today is the day her husband comes home. Everyday she sits and everyday he doesn't return. Now, maybe he was killed and will never come home or maybe he's been stationed somewhere longer than expected. Either way, the wife just sits there waiting.

I got sick of sitting on the porch waiting for Honda to come home. Maybe they will announce something next summer, maybe they won't. I'm not going to waste anymore time on it. We heard the new quad rumors 2 years ago, we heard them last month and we'll hear them next summer. Honda wasn't delivering so I took my money elsewhere. I heard so many good things about Cannondale for so long so I decided to go ride one. The things you hear people say about them are all true. They offer performance out of the box that nobody can match right now. Ride one for yourself and you'll see. They are higher maintenance than your 400EX but this is a high performance, high-output machine. The same maintenance can be expected on a CRF.

Maybe Honda will release something in 2003 or 2004 and maybe it will be better than what Cannondale offers at this point in time but that's to be expected. Anyone thinking that what they're riding now is going to be the best of all time is in la-la land. With every new model we should expect and demand that ATV manufacturers should continue to raise the bar. Expect that the quad you buy today won't be as good as the quad you're going to see in 3 years, it's the nature of the beast. If it does happen to still be the best in 3 years, well I guess you personally got lucky but our sport as a whole was just set back. I'll be honest, CRF powered or not, if it's not aluminum framed and EFI Honda's not going to get my money.

Godspeed
10-14-2002, 06:48 AM
I just got a Speed. It is awesome. The best stock quad I have ever owned and that number is over 20. I was one of the non-believer's. I thought that maybe it was a little better than a 400EX. You know, like the Z400 is a little better than the 400EX. When I hoped on the Dale and took off down the road I was sold in 10 seconds. I still have questions about maintenance and whether or not I can ride the Speed like I have other quads. You know, the occasional mud and streams. But she is so bad, I will sacrifice some riding terrain if I have to. Here is a pic.

cdalejef
10-14-2002, 07:28 AM
Hey Godspeed, I was I at a race last weekend. It was poring down rain and we had 2 big deep creek crossings and lots of mud. The Dale never missed a beat and took me to second overall. Hope that answers your question.:cool:

trueblue450
10-14-2002, 07:43 AM
Do you think Honda can even compare to cannondale if they release something new?

cdalejef
10-14-2002, 08:03 AM
They could if they cared!!!:rolleyes:

Guy400
10-14-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
They could if they cared!!!:rolleyes: That sums it up right there.

Cannondale went out on a limb and designed a quad that appealed to a specific audience interested in racing. It was a gamble but it's beginning to pay off for them. All these Japanese companies are trying to build a jack-of-all-trades machine to appeal to both Joe Trailrider and Joe Weekendracer. The bad part about that is sacrifices have to be made. Horsepower is cut back, chassis' are compromised, etc. Now, Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki are going to sell more bikes in total but the owner's are going to have to make more modifications to get them where they want to be.

Godspeed
10-14-2002, 08:46 AM
Thanks Jeff, What about mud? Should I worry about mud around my radiator or battery or ECU?

Thanks to Guy too, I knew the Speed was an early 02' model and that explain the round can. But this thing is showroom new so I coundnt pass it up.

At my ripe age of 30+, I never thought I would be this excoted about a quad again. :D

cdalejef
10-14-2002, 09:13 AM
Wasn't a problem for me on sunday! I have the front number plate on mine that does block some roost from getting to the rad.

knighttime
10-14-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
They could if they cared!!!:rolleyes:

I'm keepin my 420ss so i dont really care, but I would bet that HONDA has a new quad out around spring of 2003 that will blow away all others, even the 'dales.

cdalejef
10-14-2002, 09:51 AM
I hope your right!!!

Rastus
10-14-2002, 09:56 AM
Hey Guy, I was up around your area this saturday for a band competition, and man....Massillon H.S. has the nicest stadium I've ever seen :eek: Do you ever go to any games, or any band stuff..?

Alright, back on topic, If I ever got a new quad, it would probably be a Dale, or a Honda if they make a CRF powered quad. C-Dale has done almost everything to help racers get a race ready quad , right out of the box.They even have a factory sponsored race team, which means they care about the racers out there. To me, that means they are willing to go out on a limb for potential buyers. I've even heard that they're making a new powerplant, thats easier to maintain, service, etc.That also tells me that they care about customer feedback...unlike some japanesse counterparts...:grr

If I had the money right now,I'd have a Dale, and I wouldn't be waiting on a japanesse company to give us something that we want, then wont listen to us on what needs fixed. etc.

Plus, its made in good ole' USofA. :D

10-14-2002, 09:58 AM
im keeping my 400, but next year i may buy a dale too, that way il have 2 nice quads

Guy400
10-14-2002, 10:00 AM
92, I live about 3/4 mile up the road from Massillon H.S. You know you're serious about high school football when the stadium has Astro-turf, louge seating and a movie made about the team:D

Rastus
10-14-2002, 10:05 AM
Sweet, yeah, now that stadium has to be the nicest H.S. stadium I have ever seen,lol. Too bad I couldn't have stopped by and checked out the Dale.. :) Theres a ohio riders , EXriders group ride up at beans sometime here soon, and I thought you might wanna go:)

Ryanstones
10-15-2002, 09:22 AM
Godspeed! good job on the sweet 'dale.
i've been through water up to the front computer tray with no problems. That is til the last time when she sucked water into the gearbox through the vent hose over the left side of the battery. Reroute that higher and go whereever you want!

beerock
10-15-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by knighttime

I'm keepin my 420ss so i dont really care, but I would bet that HONDA has a new quad out around spring of 2003 that will blow away all others, even the 'dales.

you can hope for a quad in spring but youll hope till fall.......(hopefully)

cuz honda is working on the release of the new PWC to all states.
last time I asked him when the new quad was coming my friend from r&d said, "Politics and the PWC"

there releasing the pwc(nationally) in spring, so theres no hope for a quad in spring. unless honda gets friskay....and i doubt it..

just to let some of you know, they released the honda pwc in 3-4 states last spring. NY?,Fla, maine and somewhere else...
i guess they were using guinea pigs, but i guess results were good and there goin nation wide in spring

by the way the PWC has a TURBO on it.

cdalejef
10-15-2002, 10:46 AM
I rode one with the turbo, I really wasn't that imprested. it was a little slower than the the sea-doo. quick out of the hole tho!

400exBro
10-15-2002, 03:08 PM
does anyone have something good to say about the moto 440 ???
i am interseted in that c-dale and that is it, if i would get one it would be the c-dale that is advertised in atv sport with walsh +3 a arms, pep or tcs shocks, fully loaded for mx for about 12g ready to go, what do ya'll think of that one..???

Bro

redrider808
10-15-2002, 03:20 PM
if you race alot go for it but just as a some time racer the moto has to be riddin hard. but i could not be happier with it .

the thing is just fast i would say if you can try one out 1st
but the bad thing about that once you ride one you hooked like a crackhead

cheetah
10-15-2002, 04:04 PM
I think Honda will release a quad sometime, but a Dale killer? No way! Yeah they could do it, but then it would cost as much as a C-dale and they want to appeal to everyone. Not just the racer with a lot of money to spend on his quad. If they had a quad at the same price, the Dale would probably still win in sales. I love my Honda, but right now I would throw it in a ditch for a C-dale.

Guy400
10-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by cheetah5431
I love my Honda, but right now I would throw it in a ditch for a C-dale. I don't know why but that line hit me just right. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. I can just hear the tone of your voice:D