PDA

View Full Version : carrier bearings

IRONMIKE113
05-03-2007, 04:00 PM
is it easy to replace the bearings in carrier and if so does anyone have a pic of how it is done :ermm:

REDRIDDER
05-04-2007, 01:54 PM
all i can say is to take the seals out put the carrier in an oven at 400 degrees for about 5-10 Min's get a punch try to hit the outer edge of the bearing going all around it to punch it out evenly.Before you do the oven thing take your new bearings and put them in the freezer over nite they will shrink a little making the installation much easier and heating the carrier will expand allowing the bearings to come out easier learned this after almost destroying the carrier,it really works great,but as far as pics i'm sorry you should buy a clymer manual and you'll be set for as long as you own your quad.their is also threads on this somewhere in this site try the search,yeah the search sucks but you'll eventually find something.GOOD LUCK

gncc025
05-04-2007, 05:50 PM
its a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 prolly

JW450R1
05-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Heat up the carrier with a torque after u remove the seals.
then just shake it a few times 1 bearing will just fall out.then do the same for the other side

sideways
05-05-2007, 09:43 AM
yeah i tried heating the carrier with a torch, didnt work as well as i hoped. and the carrier bearings are impossible to punch out, easier to cut em. dremel time!! but the oven and freezer thing is the best when reassembling the carrier

JW450R1
05-05-2007, 04:39 PM
i HAVE BEEN HEATING THE CARRIER UP FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW.HEAT IT UP AND SHAKE IT A FEW TIMES AND THEY FALL RIGHT OUT.CLEAN THEM UP WITH BRAKE WASH AND THEN REPACT THEM AND PUT THEM RIGHT BACK IN.