PDA

View Full Version : How much do you Pay for Insurance?

Cody_300ex
05-03-2007, 03:12 PM
On your quad? Im about to buy a 06 LTR and was quoted 300 a year/ 25 a month for Theft only Insurance throught Markel America. Who do you go threw and how much do you pay a month/year?

05Z400rdr
05-03-2007, 03:17 PM
i have full coverage on my ltr...theft, everything (except engine). I dont remember the prices im paying, but its a pretty good deal. It's through State Farm.

Landon

400EXTRA
05-03-2007, 03:20 PM
well...I have a .22, 12 gauge, 20 gauge etc problem solved

Cody_300ex
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA

Well Im getting a loan from the bank so i have to have some type of legal insurance.

JOEX
05-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Wont do any good if you're at work/school and the quad is at home;)

redlineranger
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Wont do any good if you're at work/school and the quad is at home;)

lol yep:o

i think my dad put my 4wheeler under the house insurance since its in the garage... but when i first saw this thread i'd thought it'd be vehicle insurance, which for me is a whopping $456 dollars every 3 months:scary:

Old Dirtbiker
05-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I pay all of $ 150 for basic theft. That covers a 03 400 ex
a 99 cr125 and a 03 cr 85 with $ 1000.00 deductable.
Nationwide Insurance.

This provides coverage for all three anywhere their located.

JOEX
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Old Dirtbiker
I pay all of $ 150 for basic theft. That covers a 03 400 ex
a 99 cr125 and a 03 cr 85 with $ 1000.00 deductable.
Nationwide Insurance.

This provides coverage for all three anywhere their located.
That deductible sure seems high. Is that typical?

parkers30
05-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
li think my dad put my 4wheeler under the house insurance since its in the garage... but when i first saw this thread i'd thought it'd be vehicle insurance, which for me is a whopping $456 dollars every 3 months:scary:

For your own good PLEASE have him double check the coverage level on that. We had our insurance company do the same thing. $500 per ocurance is the coverage was, which doesn't go very far when 2 wheelers disappear.

We have all of our covered with collision and bodily injury to other parties. Covers your but in case someone plows into in the trails and decided to sue you or if you total your wheeler. I think I pay $125 year for my 04 YFZ but that is part of our giant auto/home/toys policies. I only pay $25 every 6 months for full coverage on my enclosed trailer.

ShiftFMX
05-04-2007, 08:41 AM
I think I pay about $160 a year on my R. Its an '04 and its insured for $6500 :p . I go thru AAA.

Toadz400
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger
lol yep:o

i think my dad put my 4wheeler under the house insurance since its in the garage... but when i first saw this thread i'd thought it'd be vehicle insurance, which for me is a whopping $456 dollars every 3 months:scary:

I wouldn't count on that working though. At least not if you're going through American Family. We had both my quads under the house insurance and were paying extra for it but when they were both stolen the insurance company just told us we were out of luck.

Now I pay a whopping $112 a year for full insurance...and if the insurance company doesn't cover anything this time around if anything's stolen, you can bet I'll probably be spending the next few years in prison for some hate crimes against that company...

gpd005
05-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I wouldn't count on that working though. At least not if you're going through American Family. We had both my quads under the house insurance and were paying extra for it but when they were both stolen the insurance company just told us we were out of luck.

Now I pay a whopping $112 a year for full insurance...and if the insurance company doesn't cover anything this time around if anything's stolen, you can bet I'll probably be spending the next few years in prison for some hate crimes against that company...

That would be correct! The only way it can be covered under a Homeowners policy is if it is used for up keep to the property! And it's hard to tell them I use my 450r to keep my yard nice! LOL I think mine is around $50/year for full coverage on my 04 450R. I'm actually an American Family agent...........

Toadz400
05-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by gpd005
That would be correct! The only way it can be covered under a Homeowners policy is if it is used for up keep to the property! And it's hard to tell them I use my 450r to keep my yard nice! LOL I think mine is around $50/year for full coverage on my 04 450R. I'm actually an American Family agent...........

So why would an American Family agent tell us it was okay to have them under the Homeowner's insurance and allow us to pay an extra premium for it if they knew that it wasn't going to be covered? That is defiantely not something that I would ever condone if I was an insurance agent, of course I don't believe in screwing people over just to get a little more money...

05Z400rdr
05-06-2007, 01:01 PM
State Farm wouldn't let us put my ltr under the homeowners insurance cuz it is "not essantial" or sumthin like that...maybe if we had a mower for the back of it or sumthin it would be covered under that? lol

Which 450?
05-06-2007, 01:37 PM

Yea this will work well when you are sound asleep and they take ur ****. I know a number of people that have said something like this, and had their bike stolen. I had a friend that was killed in a shootout with someone trying to steal his dirt bike a few years ago.

And I pay 100 a year full coverage, but this is with a bunch of discounts

bwamos
05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
So why would an American Family agent tell us it was okay to have them under the Homeowner's insurance and allow us to pay an extra premium for it if they knew that it wasn't going to be covered? That is defiantely not something that I would ever condone if I was an insurance agent, of course I don't believe in screwing people over just to get a little more money...

Since your paying an extra premium they must have listed it under the extra items.. like baseball card collections, expensive jewelry etc..

Your best bet is to get it seperate as an actual vehicle policy.

Toadz400
05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Since your paying an extra premium they must have listed it under the extra items.. like baseball card collections, expensive jewelry etc..

Your best bet is to get it seperate as an actual vehicle policy.

My point is, why would they have us pay extra to have them covered if they weren't going to actually cover them? They basically robbed us of money. I have more respect for the thieves because they were more straight foward about what they were doing.

JOEX
05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
My point is, why would they have us pay extra to have them covered if they weren't going to actually cover them? They basically robbed us of money. I have more respect for the thieves because they were more straight foward about what they were doing.
Double check your policy to make sure the atv's are specified as being covered and for the correct amount.

Just remember, insurance companies are out to make money for themselves, not to give the policy holder what they think they've paid for.

moto04racing
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
we have a package deal for theft, fire, and falling off the trailer or something....

for like 250 it covers our Z, the big bear, blaster, my 80 and my 50.