PDA

View Full Version : ? About 2002 Blaster

TITAN450R
05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I bought my wife a 2002 blaster yesterday. the thing runs great I have just one question mounted on the headlight there is a red warning light can anyone tell me what this is for....thanks

Valhalla
05-03-2007, 11:39 AM
its a warning light for the oil injection tank. if it gets low on oil it will light up. it also lights up as you first start the engine to show its working.

TITAN450R
05-03-2007, 11:46 AM
I was riding it around the yard yesterday and the light was flickering on and off the whole time even during idle....could this be a short in the wire or do i need to get it checked out

Valhalla
05-03-2007, 09:18 PM
is the rear oil tank full? has it has the oil blockoff done so you can mix your own gas?

if the tanks full and its still using the stock oil injection, its probably the sensor going bad. best bet is to mix your own gas and get the oil blockoff kit. then just disable the light completely and remove the oil tank.

TITAN450R
05-04-2007, 08:18 AM
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP YOU WILL HAVE TO EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE WHEN IT COMES TO THE BLASTER.......THERE IS A RESEVOIR UNDER THE SEAT AT THE BACK OF THE BIKE THAT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED AND THE LID SAYS OIL THERE ARE NO HOSES LEADING FROM THIS RESEVOIR TO THE BIKE AT ALL. SO THAT LEADS ME TO BELEIVE IT HAS THE OIL BLOCK OFF KIT INSTALLED AM I RIGHT TO ASSUME THAT? AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP VALHALLA......

moto04racing
05-04-2007, 10:37 AM
well if its not done already do the oil injection block kit and just use premix... 32:1

Valhalla
05-04-2007, 02:52 PM
the hose is hidden. it comes from the bottom of the bottle and runs inside of the black steel brace that supports the bottle on the bottom. you will see it if you look hard enough for it. if theres nothign connected to it at all on the bottom, its more than likely running premix gas already.