PDA

View Full Version : so i just installed....

Valhalla
05-02-2007, 10:43 PM
my new VForce3 reeds to go along with my FMF fatty pipe, power core silencer, and K&N filter/jets. itching to ride and try them out this weekend. everything else is stock, what should i order next motor wise? was thinking about a 14T front sprocket and high compression gasket kit.

i still wanna retain the stock reliability so a 240 kit is out of the question for now. and whats a good size rear tire to get rid of these damn stock balloons without having to lose too much ground clearance?

pbblaster2
05-03-2007, 01:00 PM
20in for trail and xc racing

18in for mx and some trail riding

as for what brand name its up to you almost everyone has their own opion on what kind ether maxxis or itp i think tho

Xater
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
motor wise i would get the cylinder ported and a bigger carb.

Valhalla
05-10-2007, 05:21 PM
i have a set of paddle tires on 10" douglas rims that im gonna have replaced with some kenda 20x11x10 Klaws. that along with the 14T front sprocket will be where i want for gearing. i think a new carb and oil blockoff will be next on the agenda. i dont wanna go too big. any suggestions on a good mid-level carb that wont break the bank?

honda450rider33
05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
i would go either like a 28-32 on the carb for stock ported you could probrably run a 34mm and that would be good if you did bigbore also, as for a 14 tooth i dont know if a stock motor will pull it i dont know you might be alright, and with the tires i suggest maxxis they are cheaper than holeshots and are still an awsome tire i have rear maxxis on my blaster and i love them i have 20-10-8 or 20-11-8 what ever stock width is i only dropped from a 21 to a 20 and it gave me a little acceleration

Valhalla
05-11-2007, 12:18 AM
the kendas that im gonna have mounted are a flat sport tire that is quite smaller than the stock balloons. so that decrease in gearing will be countered slightly by the 14T front sprocket. it will gear it lower but not very much. there isnt alot of options for non-baloon tires for the 8 inch rim. thats why im gonna pull the paddels and stick a decent set on the 10 inch rims instead. i live aboutr 20 minutes from the dunes, but they arent my style of riding. i prefer the hard pack dirt of the surrounding areas.