PDA

View Full Version : freebie!

siberthugd
05-02-2007, 10:09 PM
So tomorrow at 10am I will be picking up a FREE blaster. Just thought I'd share that. It's an 02' with mods, new plastics, tires and more. My buddies girl bought it for him while they were together and now they're not anymore. I happened to bump into her today, asked her about it and she told me to come get it. How much? Nothing, just get it out of my yard. Ok, you don't have to tell me twice.

Needs piston and ring, but I'm thinking time to build a hybrid. I'm really too big for this thing but I can't pass this deal up (6'2", 267lbs).

Other than the YZ swap, anyone else got any somewhat easy motor ideas? I have a CBR600RR motor, I'm just thinking I might as well build a new frame using the stock one to mock it up. I don't believe that motor won't twist it apart. That might be a winter project though. For now just to get out on it, whats a good motor to toss in? Maybe just the stock rebuilt for now?

Come to think of it, I have a Sik pitbike that might end up with the blaster motor after a good rebuild. hehehe

honda450rider33
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
i have heard of yz426's in a blaster, or you could do a yz250 i think a cbr600 would twist the frame

pro-rider46
05-24-2007, 09:08 PM
sell the blaster and take that money and copy a yfz or 450r frame and with some mild modifications you can make that cbr fit in there and would be wicked fast.

check this out:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/turbo+banshee/0/7ad1fa17-0f84-4290-b3fd-83df995cedc9.htm

woodsracer144
06-03-2007, 08:53 AM
dude that vid is pimped, that nuts!

i think you should sell that blaster or if it has alot of after markets part it out. and get a better frame, i have heard alot of bad from puting bigger motors in them, my buddy put a cr 250r in his and it broke all the welds he had to reinforce it, he had to re weld it and wrap a band of metal areounf that and weld it to make it hold, i also talked to a guy in Pa about reinforceing one and he said if you race them that is not worth the time and money you spend to reinfotce them becase its cheaper and easyer to buy anew one at the end of the year.