PDA

View Full Version : has anyone had to jet there 07 450er stock right off the showroom floor

crewworrior
05-02-2007, 09:56 PM
my 450er is cutting out,when you stab the throttle it will bog like you let off the gas but will pick back up instantly,the dealership and honda's corporate office say's it's normal my stock main jet is a 120, i went to a 134 its better, but it still has a hesitation.has anyone had this problem if so could you please help this thing is a death trap.

bradley300
05-03-2007, 06:43 AM
its a combonation of a whole bunch of stuff. you need a different leak jet for one. buy a bunch. 2, before you fool with the leak jet, make absolutly sure you have in the correct pilot and the correct number of turns on the ir screw.
to adjust the air screw, turn in and out until the quad is idleing at its highest point you can get just by turning the air screw. if the quad idles fastest with the air screw 1.5 turns in or more, you need a bigger pilot, if it takes more than 3 turns, you need a smaller pilot.
next you need to adjust the needle until it runs best. if it runs best on the very bottom slot, you need a richer needle (maybe 2 richer, sometimes the differen between needles is only 1 slot), if it runs best on the very top, you need to go leaner, most of the time the jetting will be real sensitve if the needle is set on the very top or bottom.
next change main jets until it bogs @ full throttle while moving, then go back 1 size.
now you can mess with the leak jets, they are in the bottom of the float bowl, you'll see it. it sounds like your is real close since you said it doesnt die. if it bogs and takes off, go down 1 size and see what happens, if it cuts out and takes off, go up 1 and so on until its gone.
if that still doesnt get it, mess withthe accelerator pump actuator where the throttle cable goes into the carb. the lever should be slightly adjustable.

pats2007450er
05-04-2007, 01:14 AM
my 07 er run great.when i put HMF slip on and UNI air filter on i put a 148 jet in it.i have no problems except the one way bearing in the motor is going out.when i try to start it.it throws the starter back.that is going to cost me 350.00 to get it fixed.so if you ever try to start it and it kicks back and makes a clinging sound thats what that is.they need to have a recall on it.i hope you dont run into this problem any time soon.good luck man:ermm: