PDA

View Full Version : Engine build Plans

Muddinguy
05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Ok so im smoking preatty bad time to tear the top end down...
Gona go with a 416 wiseco piston and stage 1 hot cam along with a slip on muffler either FMF or HMF . also considering an Edlebrock Carb..
Would this be a good combination ?? o should i bump up to a 426 and stage 2 hot cams.. I do mostly trail and dunes.. no track racing or freestyling like that.. What's your input ?

400exMO
05-02-2007, 08:57 PM
You might want to consider a fcr carb. I hear the edelbrocks are ridiculous to tune.

Honda#4
05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
This is the setup that I hopefully plan on doing

JE Piston running 11:1 comp
Hotcam Stage 2
CRF Cam chain
OEM head gasket kit

and a valve job.

I agree with 400exMO, some people can get them to work but for the money i'd get a FCR.

Muddinguy
05-03-2007, 12:44 AM
FCR ?? im not too savey in this area.. so im asuming FCR is just the Co. name?

thanks for the input. keep it coming..

HMF/MOTOZ
05-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Same boat here.........mine was rode hard and put away wet....blowing blue smoke........ran like dog doodoo.

I went with the Wiseco 440 BBK, new rockers, shafts, kibblewhite valve train, CRF timing chain, hotcam stage 3, heli coiled the cylinder studs, and FCR carb. I have the HMF full and I use a foam filter with K&N lid cover with outerware.

All I can say is this aint the same machine.........way better than anything I could have imagined.

underpowered
05-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Muddinguy
FCR ?? im not too savey in this area.. so im asuming FCR is just the Co. name?

thanks for the input. keep it coming..

the FCR is a keihin carb. it is a flat slide carb, found stock on most 450's. IMO the best carb out there.

but yeah,, 416 and i would do a stage 2 cam. the 416 gives you room to upgrade to a 426 next time it is due for a rebuild.

i have kibble whites and they are awesome. also i love my HMF slip on. sounds like you got a good plan for your motor.

Muddinguy
05-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
the FCR is a keihin carb. it is a flat slide carb, found stock on most 450's. IMO the best carb out there.

but yeah,, 416 and i would do a stage 2 cam. the 416 gives you room to upgrade to a 426 next time it is due for a rebuild.

i have kibble whites and they are awesome. also i love my HMF slip on. sounds like you got a good plan for your motor.
Cool ! Thats exactly what i wanted to hear.. im findin package deals with 416 and stagge 1 cams on ebay... maybe ill just order parts separatly..

its gona be a while before i do the build ayway.. unemployeed right now..