PDA

View Full Version : mad confused

81 clark racing
05-02-2007, 07:21 PM
ok i want 2 get some works a/t steelers for my quad but every mag online etc just shows a price. dont i need to order them for my weight? i way 185-190. and i see people selling them on here with the weight listed.

Old Head
05-03-2007, 03:28 AM
if you want them to work properly then yea you have to order them by weight and the type of a-arms also.

bradley300
05-03-2007, 06:50 AM
the weight they are set up for wont effect the price. thats why the weight isnt mentioned in the ads. what will make a diference is the number of options you want. a no rezie, preload/ride height adjust is the cheapest. fro there people ususaly step up to a shock with a rezz and compresion adjust ment along with the preload/ride height. the nest step is to add rebound adjust to that, and up from that you can get into hi/lo speed compression, adjustable crossovers... shocks for LT a-arms wil also be more expensive because they are longer, therefore more expensive to make

JOEX
05-03-2007, 08:27 PM
My understanding of Works shocks is they are pre built for certain weight 'ranges' and riding styles/levels, not for each individual specifically. They could be different now though...