PDA

View Full Version : TRX precision stabilizer vs Elka

yfzmx10
05-02-2007, 04:57 PM
I had a YFZ with an Elka system 3 and I just bought a TRX and put a new Precision on it.

Honestly I was a little disappointed. I thought that my Elka worked better especially since it was high speed and low speed adjustable. I flat landed a jump with the Precision and it almosted jerked the bars out of my hands. I don't know if anyone else has owned an Elka but I was told that the Precision is the best. Not in my opinion. I will continue to run the Precision but if your looking to buy a new stabilizer, you should think about the Elka.

ss440ex
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
My Percision works great.
Did ya play with the adjustments?

yfzmx10
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I did before the race but I didn't want to turn it all the way up b/c it was too stiff for my liking. The Elka was able to turn up for high speed and it never affected my turning. I'm not saying that the Precision doesn't work or anything. I'm just saying that I liked the Elka alittle better.

gbcap
05-02-2007, 05:40 PM
i wish i had an elka to try. i have heard good things about them. but i love my precision. i rode the other day without it cause i took it off my xc bike for my mx bike...what a mistake. every tree i passed i was nervous it was going to rip the bars out of my hand. it slowed me down a good 15 seconds on a 4 minute loop just because i was nervous and because i couldn't go as fast in some situations.

huntrjc
05-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I have an Elka series 5 and totally love it,,,,havent used the full potential of its adjustments,,,but the high /low and return to center for now totally rocks!!!!:eek2: :D