PDA

View Full Version : DB question?

klutchbuster250
05-02-2007, 05:48 AM
k so me and my dad and sum buddy are making a trip out to croom wich is a riding park in florida and they are strict wiht the db's of the pipe. so my questiont u is , will a full hmf exhaust on a 250ex pass the db test with no quiet core? i belive it will cause i see 450 with rossiers pipes that are 5 time louder so im guessing i would be ok wut do u think?
thanks for the help!

54warrior
05-02-2007, 05:53 AM
My understanding has been that HMF's are probably the loudest pipe out there. I doubt that you will pass w/o the quiet core insert.

If it's a long distance to this place, it's better to be safe than sorry. I'd hate to see you drive there and have to turn around because your bike isn't legal.

troutman561
05-02-2007, 07:34 AM
I have ridden at croom quite a few times because I used to live 20 minutes from it, and never once did they check the decibels on any of our bikes, nor has anyone ever been told their bike is too loud that I know, nor have I ever heard of this. For example, my friend has a sparks pipe on his 660 raptor and it is horribly loud, but nothing has ever been said, so you have no worries...

parkers30
05-02-2007, 08:02 AM
an HMF without a quiet core will probably read between 104-8 db depending on their test, from what I have seen. If you are willing to risk ruining you day then you are set. Personally I would get a quiet core, it brings it down to the 96-98 range

klutchbuster250
05-02-2007, 06:21 PM
troutman this will be my first time there and i read somewere that they check it and my friend told me so their probly talking crap, how di du like it ? i herd its really woop out , is it to bad?

ZeroLogic
05-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Just put a quiet core in there, noise pollution is ruining out sport. There is no reason to go riding with an extremely loud pipe.