PDA

View Full Version : Shock springs and price

CBRSLIDER
05-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Pappy,

I know I asked this before but have unfortunately been sidetracked lately health wise. I am looking to get my Elka Front Triple Rate springs stripped and powdercoated the Elka black. How much, will you accept a check, how do you want them packaged, anything special I need to do to them prior to shipping, any idea on return shipping cost to 15845?? Also if when you receive them, they appear to be too rusted that their strength is compromised, can you let me know? They took a beating when I was racing and unfortunately they have sat for a couple years without any care.

Thanks,

Ray

Pappy
05-01-2007, 11:11 PM
hell ray, just throw $20 in the box and ill take care of them. how is your health doing?

CBRSLIDER
05-01-2007, 11:18 PM
You're up way too late to be answering my questions!!!! ha ha... Health wise I am doing well. My cancer seems to be in check and I'm currently going through Chemotherapy every two weeks. The quad has given me a chance to escape from the cancer. I am actually looking to 08 as a possible comeback to racing. Kinda like making myself feel like I am still alive and kicking. Your race coverage is an inspiration to get back onto the quad(hopefully a new one) next year. I read the Lance Armstrong book, It's Not About the Bike, and feel that by gettin back on the quad, I will feel more alive than sitting around bench racing. The old racing stories are just that anymore, I need new ones.

Thanks and I hope to have the springs out to you in a couple days.

Ray

Pappy
05-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I wont blow smoke up your skirt, that cancer stuff is mean. A guy I have worked with for almost 20 years found out last year he had spine cancer. He has gone through hell, and just yesterday I found out he has started gaining weight and his hair is growing back and he actually wants to return to light duty work!

I know I will face it, it runs in my family and I smoke and have been around lead all my life. I hope when it does hit i have the strength I see in others so that I can win the battle as well!

CBRSLIDER
05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Early detection is the name of the game with this stuff. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer when i was 15. My aunt(mom's sister) has been battling colon cancer since she was 36 and she's 61 now. And I lost my grandmother(mom's mom) to cancer back in the lat 40's unknown what type. So the cancer runs in my family also. I am 34 and the youngest to be diagnosed with colon cancer in my family. I pray that noone else gets it but the cards really aren't in my family's favor.

I realized something was wrong in my guts and sucked up some pride to go tell the doctor. After some very demeaning/pride killn tests I found out about the cancer. My best suggestion to you is that if there is a possiblity that you may end up with cancer, get the necessary tests early. They told me that my kids will start getting tested with colonoscopies at age 24 due to subtracting 10yrs from the youngest person diagnosed with cancer. Some of the tests really are a pain in the arse(literally) but I know how much you value your family just from the pride you show in Cody, so get tested early. We aren't gettn any younger and I bet you feel the same way as me, I want to be here to see my grandkids.

Take care and hopefully I'll get the springs out tomorrow after chemo.

Ray

Pappy
05-03-2007, 07:53 PM
ive already had all those tests and then some, including bone marrow tests...and that was the worst! thankfully all is clear so far

my dad had colon cancer and he lived 20 years past when they said he would so i am grateful for that.

CBRSLIDER
05-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Springs are on the way. Just sent them out this afternoon.

Thanks
Ray

CBRSLIDER
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Ken,

Got the springs today. They look awesome. Too nice to go back on my beatup 400ex. My son was in awe when he saw how shiney they were. I really appreciate the quick turn around and great lookn product. I'll do my best to drum up some other business for you around here. Thanks.

Ray

Pappy
05-30-2007, 05:50 AM
glad ya like them ray!