PDA

View Full Version : Dual sport bikes/Enduro Bikes

firefighterjosh
05-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Not sure exactly what I am looking for. With the gas prices going up I am thinking of buying a diffrent way of transportation. I want something faster then a moped. But I do not want a 4k crotch rocket. Just something to ride around the country (I live in BFE)

Maybe a mid 90s 4-stroke bike. Maybe like a Suzuki XR400 or something.

Anyone know what kinda gas mileage they get? Or what kinda bike I should get?

YFZ450Ridr
05-02-2007, 06:17 AM
i just picked up a 1972 kx100 dual sport for free! its really fun, its got trail gears and street gears at the flip of a lever. itll run 55 on street gears which surprised me. its got a horn, lights, and blinkers and we are going to try and get a plate for it. i highly suggest getting one if the price is free like mine:p

my88r
05-02-2007, 09:04 AM
ktm 450 or any honda xrs

LTR450_#67
05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Suzuki DRZ400

HB416EX
05-02-2007, 11:02 AM
My friend has a KTM 520 with street bike tires on it.Its alot of fun to ride and he gets alot of looks.

ny300exrider
05-02-2007, 12:38 PM
yeah im realllly into these types of bikes, just waiting for a bit more on road experience/age to get one. i think the drz400 is my best option because you can find them for good prices, they are very reliable, can handle all road situations(highway,in town,traffic), comes street legal so you dont need the hassle of getting it plated, and theres a HUGE aftermarket for them so mods a definite.

i cant wait to ride around town and commute to college on a dirtbike....much rather have one than a crotch rocket. cant wait to see the crotch rocket riders reaction when i pop up a curb, jump the concrete ramps like a rythem section and cut across the grass while theyre still sitting in traffic

ny300exrider
05-02-2007, 12:42 PM
i like the supermoto version better because i will most likely be using it on the road alot more than serious dirt riding, but i see some of the S versions going for great deals so whatever i come across first and have the cash, ill be rockin.

you can add SM rims and tires onto the S version with alittle modification anyway.